• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily news - or whatever - BREAKING!?
The weblink sharing function to mixed recordings still dont work.

At least not in Firefox and Internet Explorer

It is simply to lousy. Now the function has not worked for 2-3 years
---

The mixing function of recordings has not worked for 5-6 months.

But now it is working, at least partly. That is very good.
---

From the email from JamKazam:

"have increased our server capacity to try to keep up with the surge in demand"

Good!
---

"We’ve built a new feature set that will enable bands to live broadcast group performances through YouTube Live and Facebook Live.

We’ve also integrated this feature with Eventbrite ticketing, so that bands can sell tickets to their fans/audience for these events if desired"

That is NOT very interesting. Compared to that there are other things that is a lot more important to be done and fixet.

There are maybe 10000+ mixet recordings that can not be published on the web, because the sharing function to web dont work, fully.
---

"Internet Latency Reductions[/b] – We are also working on something that has been on our drawing board for years now – a networking service that will actually reduce the Internet latency between the musicians in a session. We have run tests that prove we can do this, and we are building the technology to do it now. We don’t have the capital to deploy the servers and purchase the bandwidth to support this feature at this time, but we are hopeful that we can find a way to pull off the financial part of the puzzle somehow. The latency reductions that are possible are very significant and can make a tremendous difference in online sessions."

THAT is very interesting and important
Hans, just because something doesn't effect you personally ( like being in a band or playing in a band) doesn't make it not interesting. Making sure that you can share a recording to a few of your friends (or mine) doesn't seem like it should be a priority. Being the 1st company that can broadcast a live concert ( to thousands of people) while the musicians are all at different locations seem extremely interesting to me. IMHO
Of course it is interesting.

I wrote "NOT very interesting" , while comparing to other more obvious and important issues on the table.

And I am not at any point mentioning my "personally " interest or hobbies.

"There are maybe 10000+ mixet recordings that can not be published on the web, because the sharing function to web dont work, fully"

I have NOT recorded all those recordings.

Beside of that it should already be possible to stream a session. As far as I know it is in fact a function in the program, weither it is working or not.

That is my point. And right should be right,

Please don't shoot anything in my shoes.

Spinning about my motives is of no use.

Please stick to the facts.

I accept nothing else

In fact: I regard this dispute as closed from my side.

Unless new and relevant things comes on the table
Hi Hans..

I am new to JamKazam and did a recording last night with myself, another guitar player and a vocalist. The recording is there but I am seeing 2 problems. I un-checked the Public option when I did the recording.

1. When I playback the recording today there are synch problems that I didn't notice last night while we were recording.
2. I am trying to share the recording through email to the other participants of the session last night.
a. I open the recorded session with no issue
b. I click on the SHARE button
c. I copy the link of the recording
d. I paste the link in an email
e. When they or I click on the link, it opens JamKazam in another window signed in as me and a message is presented Saying: "SESSION NOT FOUND"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Joe
First of all:

You can always change that "not public" to public.

I have noticed sync issues too.

But I am at all not sure what is going on.

Here is another thread about that:

Recorded Tracks not synchronised
> https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=792

2. You can share a link to recordings only if it is mixet with success by the server. I am though assuming you know that.

2 e. That "SESSION NOT FOUND" is puzzling. Your recording is not a session.

A link to a recording is like this:
> https://www.jamkazam.com/recordings/2dc3...e91822f264

And a link to a session is like this:
> https://www.jamkazam.com/sessions/d87018...4548463410
(05-13-2020, 01:15 PM)joec Wrote: Hi Hans..

I am new to JamKazam and did a recording last night with myself, another guitar player and a vocalist.  The recording is there but I am seeing 2 problems.  I un-checked the Public option when I did the recording.

1.  When I playback the recording today there are synch problems that I didn't notice last night while we were recording.
2. I am trying to share the recording through email to the other participants of the session last night.
    a. I open the recorded session with no issue
    b. I click on the SHARE button
    c. I copy the link of the recording
    d. I paste the link in an email
    e. When they or I click on the link, it opens JamKazam in another window signed in as me and a message is presented Saying: "SESSION NOT FOUND"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Joe

I found this VERY HELPFUL link on the Portal page:
Working with Recordings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn-dOqnNLoY
Thanks, Joe - or Joec

Yes, it is a good and informativ video.

In fact I have not seen it before. Special thanks

It is not totally updated, but still good.

For example has the content in the recorded folders changed since then.