• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac OS Catalina
Hi,

I originally tried running Jamkazam on my iMac which has the latest version of Catalina on - It was actually 10.15.3 when I started but it updated this morning to 10.15.4.  With both versions the app immediately crashes and I cannot get it running at all.

I have a MacBook Air that is running v 10.15.2 and it works fine on this.  Does anyone know if there is an issue with the more recent versions or if this is more likely to be something specific with my iMac?

At the moment I am not updating the OS on my MacBook Air just in case!

Tx
(03-30-2020, 12:42 PM)Cobbyco Wrote: Hi,

I originally tried running Jamkazam on my iMac which has the latest version of Catalina on - It was actually 10.15.3 when I started but it updated this morning to 10.15.4.  With both versions the app immediately crashes and I cannot get it running at all.

I have a MacBook Air that is running v 10.15.2 and it works fine on this.  Does anyone know if there is an issue with the more recent versions or if this is more likely to be something specific with my iMac?

Tx
Is there still an organisation behind Jamkazam? Then I would expect them to make an update solving the Catalina related issues?
(03-30-2020, 02:12 PM)herman Wrote:

Tx
Is there still an organisation behind Jamkazam? Then I would expect them to make an update solving the Catalina related issues?
Good question. I have MAcBook Air and Catalina 10.15.3. When starting JamKazam then MacOS shows theres are issues with „WebEx64.plugin“ and "„CWSAssistantPlugin.plugin“. Then I used "cancel". Then it was starting. Not sure if JamKazam is working now correctly. Thus: DONT UPDATE your Mac from 10.15.2. Hope that JamKazam will fix soon for MacOS.
(03-30-2020, 06:23 PM)Thorstune Wrote:

Tx
Good question. I have MAcBook Air and Catalina 10.15.3. When starting JamKazam then MacOS shows theres are issues with „WebEx64.plugin“ and "„CWSAssistantPlugin.plugin“. Then I used "cancel". Then it was starting. Not sure if JamKazam is working now correctly. Thus: DONT UPDATE your Mac from 10.15.2. Hope that JamKazam will fix soon for MacOS.
Seem I fixed it. I have allowed „WebEx64.plugin“ to run on my Mac via Apple --> Security settings. For „CWSAssistantPlugin.plugin“ I have choosen to delete it. Now KaZam starts without popups. Let's see now if it works still.
I had the same problem (JamKazam not recognizing built-in camera for setup: MacBook with OS 10.125.4), but when I started a session, then clicked on the video button, I received a dialog to grant permission for JamKazam to use the camera, which I granted, and camera (video) worked fine. I seem to recall that I got rid of the WebEx64.plugin.
(03-30-2020, 07:49 PM)Thorstune Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 06:23 PM)Thorstune Wrote:

Tx
Seem I fixed it. I have allowed „WebEx64.plugin“ to run on my Mac via Apple --> Security settings. For „CWSAssistantPlugin.plugin“ I have choosen to delete it. Now KaZam starts without popups. Let's see now if it works still.

Hi,

I'm just trying this but I'm not sure where you are going when you say 'Apple --> Security settings'.  Is that in the Security and Privacy tab in System Preferences or somewhere else?  I don't see anything that allows me to authorise 'WebEx64.plugin.

In case it means anything to someone I have copied the first part of my crash report below.   Any help greatly appreciated!!

Thx

Process:              JamKazam [91660]
Path:                  /Applications/JamKazam.app/Contents/MacOS/JamKazam
Identifier:            com.jamkazam.osx.client
Version:              1.0.1.0.4001
Code Type:            X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:          JamKazam [91660]
User ID:              501

Date/Time:            2020-04-06 12:22:57.004 +0100
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.15.4 (19E266)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        B409C0DB-E36B-5E30-00DE-3CAE00A80854

Time Awake Since Boot: 260000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:      KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:  exc handler [91660]

VM Regions Near 0:
-->
    __TEXT                000000010a1e2000-000000010ba3a000 [ 24.3M] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /Applications/JamKazam.app/Contents/MacOS/JamKazam

Application Specific Information:
Invalid dylib load. Clients should not load the unversioned libcrypto dylib as it does not have a stable ABI.
Invalid dylib load. Clients should not load the unversioned libssl dylib as it does not have a stable ABI.
I finally managed to speak to someone at JamKazam who looked at my error report and said that there is a known issue with a facebook plug in that causes this.

I got rid of it by doing the following:

Open Finder
Hold down the Option key and select the Go menu - You should see a "Library" option if you have the option key held down
Click this and open the Library
Find the folder called "Internet Plug-Ins"
Look for a file with "fb" in it's name. I don't know if its always the same but mine was called "fbplugins_1_0_1.plugin"
Delete it.

JamKazam should now open OK - It did for me anyway.

Hope that helps
I had same problem with "WebEx.plugin" + Catalina 10.15.7 upon opening the program. I continued to click "cancel" and continue but the tendency to crash continued. I tried to follow the above advise and got into my internet plugins. I did not have a fb plugin and I noticed neither did I have a WebEx.plugin. I tried enabling through Apple Security but that did not alter the problem. Presuming then, from reading other advice in the forum, that the permissions to use the camera would be available to me later in using the app, I took the option to trash WebEx.plugin on opening. Thereafter the app opened without this error message. I have not put the program through its full paces so don't know how it will play out later on but it certainly solved the short term problem. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences.