• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No headphone output if DAW is at 100%
I get zero sound from my headphones unless I move my mix knob away from 100% DAW, and I understand that Jamkazam wants 100
% DAW.  The more it moves away the more echo I get, to the extent that other players are complaining.  Any suggestions?
Setinberg UR22C

Thanks!
What is your "mix knob"?

What is "100 % DAW" ?
Hi, DavidH!

Assuming that you are describing turning off the direct monitoring function, and 100% DAW means away from directly monitoring the input (which is what JamKazam needs, you're correct), how are you monitoring the audio output? Through headphones, or some other way? 

If not headphones, try using headphones. 

If you are using headphones, then I'm not sure. :-)
Kevin
DAW means Digital Audio Workstation.

Nothing else.

It can NOT be used here in this case.

It will only confuse the matter

Yes, "mix knob" is likely the knob on the audio interface balancing between the two different signals.

"Direct Monitoring" shall simply be OFF.

And the balance knob is simple too. It is just a matter of finding the right balance.

So good - so long!
(04-23-2020, 03:08 AM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote: Hi, DavidH!

Assuming that you are describing turning off the direct monitoring function, and 100% DAW means away from directly monitoring the input (which is what JamKazam needs, you're correct), how are you monitoring the audio output? Through headphones, or some other way? 

If not headphones, try using headphones. 

If you are using headphones, then I'm not sure. :-)
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply.  I am using headphones.  Despite trying on numerous occasions I was having trouble to get the UR22C to work in JamKazam very well. 
  • The UR22C has a MIX knob that adjusts between INPUT - DAW (INPUT is the same as Direct on other audio interfaces).  
  • JamKazam supposedly wants 100% DAW, but that gives me no sound in my headphones.  
  • If I turn MIX down towards INPUT the noise gets less, but other participants receive a large amount of echo.  
  • If I turn the MIX all the way to INPUT their echo goes completely away, but then I can't hear them.    
It now seem that I missed a setting in the UR-C software that come with the UR22c.  I had the LOOP BACK switched on, and that was the source of the echo everyone was hearing.  So good news...  the UR22C seems to be working well with JamKazam.   
One of the signals comes directly from the audio interface.

The second signal comes directly from JamKazam

JamKazam can be considered a DAW in this context

Where the audio interface is just hardware, so to speak

Just to put some language into order.

As I have written before, the frivolous use of the word DAW brings confusion