• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Linux Client
(05-19-2020, 10:13 PM)ElijahLynn Wrote: I recommend throwing some cash at https://www.gofundme.com/f/cy2fsq-keep-j...-improving. I threw in $10 for now even though I don't use JamKazam (because I haven't installed Windows as dual boot yet on my Thinkpad Yoga X1).

I'd throw in $100 if I could be put on the beta testers list. Do they have such a list? I had emailed them before asking about becoming a beta tester but heard nothing back. I hope they make a way for us to register to be a beta tester and then let us all know by email or something. My email is Andrew@DeFaria.com.
(04-16-2020, 10:26 PM)jamjam Wrote: We will have a Linux client - at this point, two months or so seems likely estimate. It may not have video support at the start but it will have audio streaming.
When you get into the testing phase I'd be happy to help. 

I'm a retired UN*X and MS Windows Server administrator who has worked as a audio repair technician and sound person.  I'm currently running Ubuntu Studio 20.04 on almost all of our home's systems.  The local music scene, which appeared to be on the verge of re-opening in some small way, now looks like it will be very limited except for a few possibly dangerous venues opening where local regulations allow it.  As a musician I'm studying the saxes with a grad student at the IU School of Music who is also a graduate assistant with the IU Soul Review leading their horn section.

I plan on making the PC in my music room dual-boot into MS Windows 10 but long term I hope to move everything in the house to either Linux or FreeBSD (on the back end, have been running BSD UNIX since before the 386BSD days).

Looks like a great project that is sorely needed, good luck.

Mike Squires
Star 
(04-16-2020, 10:26 PM)jamjam Wrote: We will have a Linux client - at this point, two months or so seems likely estimate. It may not have video support at the start but it will have audio streaming.

Are there any updates on this topic?
(04-30-2020, 12:39 PM)RockyT Wrote: Hi Guys,

i really would appreciate a Linux client as well :-) I'm located in Germany (Bavaria) and use JamKazam on Windows with some friends...but honestly i would prefer to use it on linux nativly ( If anyone is interested: i brought Jamkazam work on Ubuntu with Wine and WinASIO...took me a long time to implement this. Anyway as JamKazam and ASIO is emulated, i have a bigger latency on my gear as natively on Windows...but it's still acceptable  Cool )

Servus from Regensburg,

can you please elaborate, how you could get it to use WineASIO?

I'm using EZDrummer2 for example successfully with WineASIO, but when running JamKazam it seems to not even recognize that WineASIO is being setup.

When trying to open "ASIO control" in the app (or anything ASIO related) it just shows a message that there is no ASIO stuff running.

What have you done to achieve WineASIO compatibility with JamKazam?
Looks like there was a base Linux client as of 2015. This comment by an engineer says Linux runs on the Jamblaster device and uses the real-time kernel.

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=9021204

As far as I can tell though, the Jamblaster has been discontinued. Because I would probably just buy one of those if it worked and was for sale.
>>>
The beta Linux client is in this thread:

https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.ph...ight=linux

D./