• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update gear to improve stats? Old vs new Mac.
Thanks for the effort! I'm wondering if your total system latency would change. You wouldn't be able to see that. You need to be in a session with someone else and they can see those stats and then share them with you. Why you can't see that on your end I have no idea!

Along these lines I have come across a bunch of different manuals, white papers, and forum posts that talk about how the different cables / protocols work and handle things differently. Some have safety buffers, etc. Some send all channels interleaved, while some send each independently. These can obviously affect latency, as well as how you hear drop outs, data corruption, etc. Not to mention general data transfer speeds. I'm on my 11th or 12 headache right now! Interesting, but I never wanted to know this stuff.

One of the bigger issues seems to be that there is no way to change the buffer setting in core audio for mac. The software you are using either gives you an option to change it or it doesn't. For instance iTunes doesn't let you change it. The info I found said that it operates with a buffer of 512. Not sure if that is still the case. So this tells me that JamKazam has predetermined the buffer and doesn't provide an option for mac users to change it. I think PC users can change it (AISO settings in the audio set up, if I understand correctly).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Update gear to improve stats? Old vs new Mac. - by djs - 04-20-2020, 08:06 PM