• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jk app not recognizing scarlett 2i2 on macbook pro
Hello,

I have a Scarlett 2i2 connected to a Macbook Pro running MacOs 10.13.2 (HighSierra).  The scarlett is selectable on my mac as an audio input/output device.  Also, GarageBand sees and uses this device.  However, in setting up the jk audio interface, step 2 doesn't list the scarlett as a choice.  It only shows Internal.

I've tried disconnecting/reconnecting, re-installed the jk app with the scarlett already plugged in and recognized by the mac.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
1th, 2th or 3th generation?

I tried Scarlett 2i2 2th Gen in Windows 10.

No major issues, only a tiny unimpressive issue.

In the whole: No problems
(04-19-2020, 04:43 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: 1th, 2th or 3th generation?

I tried Scarlett 2i2 2th Gen in Windows 10.

No major issues, only a tiny unimpressive issue.

In the whole: No problems
3rd generation.
(04-19-2020, 03:56 PM)charliemotts Wrote: Hello,

I have a Scarlett 2i2 connected to a Macbook Pro running MacOs 10.13.2 (HighSierra).  The scarlett is selectable on my mac as an audio input/output device.  Also, GarageBand sees and uses this device.  However, in setting up the jk audio interface, step 2 doesn't list the scarlett as a choice.  It only shows Internal.

I've tried disconnecting/reconnecting, re-installed the jk app with the scarlett already plugged in and recognized by the mac.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
did you end up solving this issue?  i have an issue where my interface is not recognized in Jamkazam, though it is selectable as input/output decvice...im running Sierra,  ios 10.12.6, and its a different audio interface, but thought there may have been a common cause.
(04-30-2020, 04:39 PM)bknycjamkazam Wrote:
(04-19-2020, 03:56 PM)charliemotts Wrote: Hello,

Any ideas?

Thanks.
did you end up solving this issue?  i have an issue where my interface is not recognized in Jamkazam, though it is selectable as input/output decvice...im running Sierra,  ios 10.12.6, and its a different audio interface, but thought there may have been a common cause.
Yes, I did end-up fixing this. 

I typically only use wifi on my mac, but of course jk recommends going wired which I had.  It turns out that in my thunderbolt ethernet config (under Network->Thunderbolt Ethernet->Advanced, there was a proxy configured (under the Proxies tab) that shouldn't have been there.  It was invalid for my home network.

Once I removed the proxy entry and re-launched the app, the app finally recognized my scarlett 2i2 audio interface and I was able to select it and use it successfully. 

So, although I was able to successfully login to jk and see my account, when I would attempt to configure my audio interface, it would never list the scarlett and instead would only show my internal mic/speaker options even though my mac was showing the scarlett as an available input/output device which I could use in Garageband. 

It seems that jk must have network connectivity (different from the login connection) to some other address to lookup and list your audio interface.  It would be better if the app indicated such a problem like "Can't connect to jk to lookup your device), instead of it just not showing my interface, leading me to think it wasn't supported.