• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Connections And Audio From One Side Of Headphones Only
Hello. I am encountering random grey (no audio or video) to black boxes (receiving audio and video) with my bass player when we connect. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. We are both using ethernet cables and Mac Book Pros. Also I am only hearing his bass out of the right side of my headphones when we do connect. Thoughts? Thank you.
You should be able to get the sound in both left and right.

Most easy - maybe - in a session.

Use "Settings" just above your track(s)

There you can add tracks and so.

Then you localize the relevant input/track - click on "update" and make sure that NONE is present
(04-17-2020, 07:07 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: You should be able to get the sound in both left and right.

Most easy - maybe - in a session.

Use "Settings" just above your track(s)

There you can add tracks and so.

Then you localize the relevant input/track - click on "update" and make sure that NONE is present
Thank you for your response. When I open "Settings" as you suggested it shows my tracks there but not his. When I open mixer I see his tracks and they are panned to the center so I am still baffled as to why I cannot hear him in both sides of my headphones. I hear my chat and guitar perfectly. On his end, he hears everything perfectly. It just seems to be his bass in my headphones where the problem is.
Sorry - I was misunderstanding.

It is of course not you that shall change anything.

It is the bass player that shall make that change.

And of course a bass player only in the right is total annoying.

She should of course be in the middle.

A piccolo flute can maybe be in the right or left only - but not the bass player - LOL
I am also having problems with audio only coming from the left channel. The metronome os only on the left but panned to the center.

I'm using a UAD Apollo 8 audio interface on a Mac Pro Late 2013 with OSX 10.15.4 Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.
This is if you have a Stereo interface
If you have audio only coming through one side, while you are in a session you must:
1) Click on "Settings" (the one that is below"My Live Tracks" and above your name
2)Then in the "input section" click on update
3) Change the bottom input to "None" then click "Close"
4) Then click on "Add Audio Track "
5) Then on the bottom track, change it to your 2nd input channel and leave the top one to none
6)then close
7)then "Save Settings
(04-18-2020, 02:27 AM)mabalot Wrote: This is if you have a Stereo interface
If you have audio only coming through one side, while you are in a session you must:
1) Click on "Settings" (the one that is below"My Live Tracks" and above your name
2)Then in the "input section" click on update
3) Change the bottom input to "None"  then click "Close"
4) Then click on "Add Audio Track "
5) Then on the bottom track, change it to your 2nd input channel and leave the top one to none
6)then close
7)then "Save Settings

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried this but still nothing coming through the right channel.