• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Network changes packets port numbers
I am trying to use an application that should allow me to connect to other users using an online music jamming service (Jamkazam).  When I go into a session with another musician, I see messages that my "Network is changing port numbers" and therefore not allowing my packets to go through.  I've reviewed the network setup which includes enabling uPnP, enabling NAT-PMP (although I see no option for that on my router), disabling QoS (which it is), and I have set up port forwarding to use 12001 - 12002.

Are there any suggestions as to what could be changing the port numbers?  I do not have any firewall enabled.  I am using an iMac connected directly to my router and the latest router firmware.  Thanks
Did you also ‘tell’ the app to use those ports?

Also, it should be 10 consecutive ports. (on my system it reserves 5) It can be any portrange, as long as they are not ‘in demand’ by other traffic)

NAT-PMP is typically an Apple Airport thing ...
(04-15-2020, 04:04 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: Did you also ‘tell’ the app to use those ports?

Also, it should be 10 consecutive ports. (on my system it reserves 5) It can be any portrange, as long as they are not ‘in demand’ by other traffic)

NAT-PMP is typically an Apple Airport thing ...

Where can u tell the app to use these ports. ?
I am also using a MAC and set a static IP address to allow port forwarding for the UDP range of 12000-12010 and I still get greyed out no audio for anyone else in my sessions ?
When I bypass the Apple Extreme router and plug directly into the MODEM/ROUTER it works fine. I need this to work via the ATC so Im not exclusively using the MODEM/ROUTER ..
You can find that under Manage/Networking/Configure Port Preferences
Did the setting solve the problem for you? I'm running Jamkazam client with the preference set to use fixed ports starting with 12000, and am still getting the message "Network is changing port numbers". I've also set up port forwarding for the ports 12000-12010.
(04-15-2020, 03:48 PM)Bilge Terzi Wrote: I am trying to use an application that should allow me to connect to other users using an online music jamming service (Jamkazam).  When I go into a session with another musician, I see messages that my "Network is changing port numbers" and therefore not allowing my packets to go through.  I've reviewed the network setup which includes enabling uPnP, enabling NAT-PMP (although I see no option for that on my router), disabling QoS (which it is), and I have set up port forwarding to use 12001 - 12002.

Are there any suggestions as to what could be changing the port numbers?  I do not have any firewall enabled.  I am using an iMac connected directly to my router and the latest router firmware.  Thanks

----

Use EITHER router Upnp OR port forwarding... Not both.