• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eDrums not recording
Other musicians cannot hear my eDrums during a session when I connect directly into a Behringer UM404HD interface. I've tried both audio and MIDI inputs but no sound. Any suggestions?
A few suggestions to help you:
- If you have the audio outputs from your eDrums plugged into your UM404HD (example, inputs 1 & 2 using 1/4" connectors), then in your JamKazam (JK) audio setup (for Behringer UM404HD ASIO) you would add an audio track, input 1L, input 2R, for your drums. No need to add VSTs or any processing.
- If you desire to use the eDrums to trigger drum software on your JK computer through its USB connection or traditional midi connectors to the UM404HD, then you would add a midi track in JK, selecting the midi source from the eDrums. Then you would add your drum software as the instrument (VSTi) on that JK track, played via midi from your eDrums kit (examples: Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer, Addictive Drums, etc). Remember that JK can only host 32-bit VSTs and VSTi's, however I have made this work, triggering a 32-bit version of Addictive Drums1, via the USB connection from an old Alesis eDrum kit.
- One method that will NOT work is the transmission of audio from an eDrums kit over its USB connection (some kits support USB over audio) and have that work with JK. Why not? Well, that's because that method means the eDrum kit is essentially an audio interface itself, and due to a limit in ASIO, you cannot (easily) have 2 ASIO audio interfaces working simultaneously. This is not a JK limitation, but rather an ASIO limitation. Instead I suggest one of the 2 methods above.
Hope this helps
(04-15-2020, 02:02 PM)blandis Wrote: A few suggestions to help you:
-  If you have the audio outputs from your eDrums plugged into your UM404HD (example, inputs 1 & 2 using 1/4" connectors), then in your JamKazam (JK) audio setup (for Behringer UM404HD ASIO) you would add an audio track, input 1L, input 2R, for your drums.  No need to add VSTs or any processing.
-  If you desire to use the eDrums to trigger drum software on your JK computer through its USB connection or traditional midi connectors to the UM404HD, then you would add a midi track in JK, selecting the midi source from the eDrums.  Then you would add your drum software as the instrument (VSTi) on that JK track, played via midi from your eDrums kit (examples:  Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer, Addictive Drums, etc).  Remember that JK can only host 32-bit VSTs and VSTi's, however I have made this work, triggering a 32-bit version of Addictive Drums1, via the USB connection from an old Alesis eDrum kit.
-  One method that will NOT work is the transmission of audio from an eDrums kit over its USB connection (some kits support USB over audio) and have that work with JK.  Why not?  Well, that's because that method means the eDrum kit is essentially an audio interface itself, and due to a limit in ASIO, you cannot (easily) have 2 ASIO audio interfaces working simultaneously.  This is not a JK limitation, but rather an ASIO limitation.  Instead I suggest one of the 2 methods above.
Hope this helps
Thanks! Will try both methods... appreciate your help!