• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zoom R24 & Windows 10 - Latency Issues
Hi Stenio,
I'm trying to decrease my latency and also using Edirol. I'd be really interested to know if you're using Edirol with a Mac and if so which Edirol and which MacOS. Also are you using Edirol in Advance mode?

I'm new to JK and still trying to get it set up.
(05-12-2020, 07:41 PM)Terri 716 Wrote: Hi Stenio,
I'm trying to decrease my latency and also using Edirol. I'd be really interested to know if you're using Edirol with a Mac and if so which  Edirol and which MacOS. Also are you using Edirol in Advance mode?

I'm new to JK and still trying to get it set up.
Terri,
i am currently using my Edirol M-100FX in advance mode on Windows and i keep making small tweaks here and there and have seen some slight improvement or gets worse. What Edirol do you use?
Hello Jock,

I just got my Zoom R24 configured today. I\'d given up on it, but by checking the config video on YouTube and trial and error, I got it to work. FIrst, I downloaded ASIO4ALL, rebooted the computer, made sure I could see it in 'Propellerhead Reason' and play some songs so it was available as an input/output.

I then went into the Control Panel Settings and set experimented with the sample rate. I ended up setting for 8 tracks at 96khz and making sure that in the 'Advanced' tab in the input and output in Windows Control Panel and rebooted again. Once I got into Jam Kazam, I made sure to delete my old configuration and restart the computer yet again. On this reboot I did the search for new gear, found the Zoom R24 with ASIO tag on it and enabled it for both input and output and ran the feedback loop test. I tweaked it for a while but it was important to put EVERYTHING at the lowest possible latency and paging settings. After I did the latency checks, I'm basically .5ms latency and the jitter is .45-.55 and everyone I did test sessions with tonight said everything is crystal clear.

I'm near Seattle and played with folks in LA, NYC, Philly, Vancouver B.C., Tampa Bay, with no issues from my side. It was other folks who kept dropping out or had issues staying synced with the majority of us playing. I'm running my Yamaha CP 33 keyboard on channels 1 and 2, my cellphone (for Drum Genius app) on channels 3 and 4, and my chat mike on channel 5. It's all golden and working like a champ. I'm also using the regular Zoom headphone jack for monitoring.Hopefully this helps.

Reuel Lubag
www.rlubag.com
sites.google.com/jazzpianousa
Youtube.com/jazzpianousa

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jock Mirow' pid='1220' dateline='1586888248']
Hopefully someone can help me - I have a Zoom R24 that I use for recording with Adobe Audition on my Windows 10 Core i7 box. Never had latency issues with recording & playback. JamKazam tells me my latency is much too high to work with JamKazam. I notice that my R24 in interface mode says it is sampling at 96.0 Khz - I'm assuming that the issue is too high a sample rate.

When I go to Zoom and attempt to change the sample rate, I'm told that I can change that from within whatever DAW software I'm using - however, I'm not using any DAW software - just JamKazam. In the Windows system it says my sampling rate is 44.1 Khz - and that cannot be changed from within the Windows 10 environment.

Any assistance appreciated!

Thanks,
J.Mirow
[/quote]
i would love to try my R24 again, i switched over to irig i/o keys and duo both had worked fantastic until jk stopped running.. so i look forward the to the day i can try all my gear again.