• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Audio from JamKazam (Windows PC); native RealTek Devices
Problem summary: No sound coming out of JamKazam.

I'm running a Windows PC, (Windows 7), and am trying to get JamKazam to work with the built-in mic an speakers (headphones plugged into jack - Realtek), but have not been able to hear any sounds at all from the JamKazam program. i am open to buying more hardware, but wanted to test it/ensure it works via built-in stuff first.

Outside the program, I have confirmed that my microphone and headphones are working (via a separate sound recorder program and normal windows sounds/watching YouTube videos, etc.)

Within JamKazam, I see via the light bars that my voice is being picked up, but I cannot hear any sounds. Not the sample "play" sound during audio gear configuration; not the metronome sound; nothing. Sometimes I see a momentary "Unable to open test sound. Contact support." message during audio gear configuration.

What I have tried so far:
- I have tried the trick mentioned elsewhere in this forum to close all other programs (including Skype, IE, etc.) and to uncheck the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" option in the Manage Audio Devices menu for both the microphone and the speakers.
- I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling JamKazam
- Restarting computer.
- I've tried different settings/sample rates/etc.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated; I miss collaborative music.
Also, someone who has this thing working -- At what point in the audio setup configuration process were you first able to hear yourself through your audio output device?

Thanks in advance for any and all ideas.
(04-13-2020, 09:18 PM)I have a similar problem... running Windows 7 on a PC with realtek speakers.  I have a logitech camera with a built in mic, and I have a USB mic.  I set up my audio gear and the program will only recognize my USB mic, not the camera\s mic, and although it tests fine on my end, my duets partner can't hear any audio from me.  We've spent a few hours per day for 3 days trying to make this work...  if she can't hear me, is my audio not sending, even though it sounds fine on my end and the it says it works on my end?VocalNerd Wrote: Problem summary: No sound coming out of JamKazam.

I'm running a Windows PC, (Windows 7), and am trying to get JamKazam to work with the built-in mic an speakers (headphones plugged into jack - Realtek), but have not been able to hear any sounds at all from the JamKazam program. i am open to buying more hardware, but wanted to test it/ensure it works via built-in stuff first.

Outside the program, I have confirmed that my microphone and headphones are working (via a separate sound recorder program and normal windows sounds/watching YouTube videos, etc.)

Within JamKazam, I see via the light bars that my voice is being picked up, but I cannot hear any sounds. Not the sample "play" sound during audio gear configuration; not the metronome sound; nothing. Sometimes I see a momentary "Unable to open test sound. Contact support." message during audio gear configuration.

- I have tried the trick mentioned elsewhere in this forum to close all other programs (including Skype, IE, etc.) and to uncheck the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" option in the Manage Audio Devices menu for both the microphone and the speakers.
- Restarting computer.

Also, someone who has this thing working -- At what point in the audio setup configuration process were you first able to hear yourself through your audio output device?

(04-19-2020, 08:50 PM)Sherry Sylvain Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 09:18 PM)I have a similar problem... running Windows 7 on a PC with realtek speakers.  I have a logitech camera with a built in mic, and I have a USB mic.  I set up my audio gear and the program will only recognize my USB mic, not the camera\s mic, and although it tests fine on my end, my duets partner can Wrote: Problem summary: No sound coming out of JamKazam.

- Restarting computer.

I am getting the exact same problem on a Surface Pro with RealTek mic.  The first time I used jamkazam a week or so ago it all worked fine - video, audio, next to zero delay. Ever since then I can’t get the audio to work. Video comes through fine. When I try setting upthrough audio gear I can hear sound but as soon as I try to save settings and exit the sound disappears and I can’t get it back which is very frustrating as this app seemed so promising on first try. 
If anyone solves this I’d love to hear how.
Many thanks
Some general stuff to check on getting mics to work with various apps - JK seems particularly tricky tho' 

https://www.howtogeek.com/395296/fix-my-...indows-10/
What sound device are you guys using in the Audio Gear setup in JK? Anything WDM is pretty much not worth the effort, too much latency. Some realtek chips support a "Realtek ASIO" which works well, I have it on my laptop for testing the built in mic.

If you're attempting to use ASIO4ALL, I have't had much luck with the on-board realtek sound personally. JK says latency unknown in setup, and even getting past that, I can't ever seem to adjust the buffer size, so audio latency is stuck up at 30 ms.

There is a bit of a complicated workaround involving route audio through a DAW (this has the added benefit of being able to use and effects/plugins on your audio as well). I found this post here (https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=158500) and it has opened many doors for me and my bandmates to reduce latency through different avenues - one guy uses his realtek sound device, but WASAPI sound driver in Reaper for ~8ms latency, another guy couldn't adjust ASIO4ALL unless the Reaper was in control of ASIO4ALL instead of JK.
(04-13-2020, 09:18 PM)VocalNerd Wrote: I am running Windows 10 and have the same problem. No resolution in sight. In addition, I don't see where I can start a new thread. Also, the system says my email address is invalid, but when I try to register again, it says that email is already in use.

I hardly know where to start. Any ideas?

Thanks.

----------------------------

Problem summary: No sound coming out of JamKazam.

- Restarting computer.