• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reattempting to load www.jamkazam.com
Is JK trying to fix? I also only once "got in" on a MacBook Pro; but now only receive the dreaded "reattempting to load" message.
I just hooked up a new Focusrite Clarett 8Pre USB interface and actually was playing with changing sample rate in Jamkazam when it crashed and now it won't reconnect. I'm using an Apple iMac 27" with 40g ram, 3.7g 6 core intel Core i5 running Catalina 10.15.4

What steps should I take to troubleshoot and restore. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Jamkazam with no luck.
(04-23-2020, 08:02 PM)Stevecorrell57@gmail.com Wrote: I just hooked up a new Focusrite Clarett 8Pre USB interface and actually was playing with changing sample rate in Jamkazam when it crashed and now it won't reconnect.  I'm using an Apple iMac 27" with 40g ram, 3.7g 6 core intel Core i5 running Catalina 10.15.4

What steps should I take to troubleshoot and restore. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Jamkazam with no luck.
Try setting / or changing the sample rate in the Focusrite Control Application... ideally it should be set to 48khz... try that and see if that helps.?
HTH,~JB
(04-23-2020, 09:20 PM)jbuecker Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 08:02 PM)Stevecorrell57@gmail.com Wrote: I just hooked up a new Focusrite Clarett 8Pre USB interface and actually was playing with changing sample rate in Jamkazam when it crashed and now it won't reconnect.  I'm using an Apple iMac 27" with 40g ram, 3.7g 6 core intel Core i5 running Catalina 10.15.4

Try setting / or changing the sample rate in the Focusrite Control Application... ideally it should be set to 48khz... try that and see if that helps.?
HTH,~JB
I have tried messing with the sample rate....wonder if that isnt part of whats going on.   I think it might be Focusrite Control has blocked or done something to the open network port I selected.   I'm going to mess around with that this afternoon.  So much want this to work!

(04-24-2020, 01:44 PM)Stevecorrell57@gmail.com Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 09:20 PM)jbuecker Wrote:

HTH,~JB
I have tried messing with the sample rate....wonder if that isnt part of whats going on.   I think it might be Focusrite Control has blocked or done something to the open network port I selected.   I'm going to mess around with that this afternoon.  So much want this to work!   

OK, I just tried to "Configure Port Preferences" and it won't open the screen, it just pulls up the "Reattempting to connect" window again.   Also, when I go to Audio Booster, frame size is empty and greyed out..... looks like I'm stuck.
(04-22-2020, 01:13 AM)Earl Byron Wrote: Is JK trying to fix? I also only once "got in" on a MacBook Pro; but now only receive the dreaded "reattempting to load" message.
my partner has this on his Macbook, Mojave.

i posted about it last week. 
hopefully they will get a quick fix for this one. 

nothing we tried has helped. 
tried another user acct.
tried removing everything related to jk and reinstalling fresh. 

frustrating.
(04-02-2020, 03:28 PM)JonathanReiff Wrote: I signed up for the app last night and downloaded it to my Mac this morning.  However, it crashes every time I try to open it.  I have e-mailed customer support just now.

Hi,

Have you made any progress with this?  I have exactly the same issue on my iMac, which has the latest version of OSX.  I tried it on an old MacBook Air which hasn't been updated for a long time and it works                                                                                                                                                                                                  OK.  

I thought maybe it is an issue with the latest version of Catalina but don't see many other people reporting the issue.

Very frustrating!!
(04-25-2020, 08:04 AM)Cobbyco Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 03:28 PM)JonathanReiff Wrote: I signed up for the app last night and downloaded it to my Mac this morning.  However, it crashes every time I try to open it.  I have e-mailed customer support just now.

Hi,

Have you made any progress with this?  I have exactly the same issue on my iMac, which has the latest version of OSX.  I tried it on an old MacBook Air which hasn't been updated for a long time and it works                                                                                                                                                                                                  OK.  

I thought maybe it is an issue with the latest version of Catalina but don't see many other people reporting the issue.

Very frustrating!!

>>>
So, did you try the 'Search' function on this forum and come across this (link underneath) and try that?

https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=301

NB - and don't worry about any 'test network and/or test servers not being available', just proceed.
HI, yes I tried this. It showed as being in quarantine and I successfully took it out but it didn't change anything unfortunately.
Ive had 2 macs that worked fine yet program appeared quarantined when checked.
Also have one that has the reconnect issue and clear quarantine makes no difference
(04-04-2020, 05:40 PM)wjdcanuck Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 02:40 AM)ibanezrd Wrote: I second all of you.  I first downloaded the app yesterday, was initially having the same issue when first trying via Wifi.  I then got a thunderbolt to ethernet adapter (obviously on Mac) and then I was able to get into sessions with a friend and random people last night.  Wasn't perfect, but we managed to jam for quite a bit, with small hiccups here and there.  Since this morning, I have only gotten the "Reattempting to load www.jamkazam.com" error message to no avail.  Hopefully the figure this out quick.  I'm losing my mind being quarantined! lol
It seems like some of you managed to actually get in at least for a time, which is good.  Any updates since your posts?  I have hardwired my MacBook Pro to address the latency issue, but this seems 100% a software issue.  Dying to break this dreadful quarantine!  Confused
Mac OS 10.14.6.    I got it to work only once. Hard wired to router. high speed. Little latency; that is NOT the issue. Now, all it does is show the blank page and "reattempting to load" nonsense. It must be a setting on one end or the other. But why intermittent????