• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with setting up Scarlet 2i2 Gen3. Please!
(07-21-2020, 11:33 PM)rebshlomo Wrote:
(07-21-2020, 09:04 PM)MartinB Wrote: I had the same problem with my Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen when updating the Scarlett Control software to the newest version 3.6.0. Fortunately I still had the installation file for the old version (3.5.0). Going back solved the problems.

I contacted the Focusrite support which acknowledged the problem but blamed the JamKazam software. As a workaround they recommended to go into

Manage / Audio Settings / Audio Booster

and reduce the Frame Size to 1 ms or 2 ms there.
I just setup my Scarlett 2i2 on a Dell XPS8700 16GB RAM Intel i7-4790 with SSD, a screaming fast Win10 PC, and cannot get latency below 80ms.

Where can I get the older version of the Scarlett Control Software? Can I get it from you via OneDrive or iCloud?

I have spent about 2 hrs fooling with JamKazam to try to get my latency down, but no matter what I change in buffer size, it resets to 880 and my latency is 80ms.
Thanks

Hi Martin, believe me, i'm not expert, just starting with Jamkazam, one thought was how is router/modem and internet speed? If you are using one from  your internet provider you may want to consider purchasing your own. Best Buy has a good selection. Also, I'm assuming you are using an Ethernet connection cable from your computer to your router, yes?   I think that is the best way.  Good luck,    Marilyn
(07-22-2020, 06:03 PM)MartinB Wrote: Was on with Focusrite. They sent me this. And it works!  Latency is 8ms Buffer 96 Sampling 48000 Frame size 2ms experimental
https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/a...0014938579

Bingo, that's the ticket, thanks.  I saw a written explanation elsewhere, but didn't realize that even when I'm on the add audio popup, I can still click Manage.