• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Line6 POD Xt different sample rate
Hi, I use the POD Xt connectd to my PC through USB. The ASIO driver is installed. If I use the ASIO for input and output device I don't get a decent latency ( not below 43ms). Only if I use a differnt output like PODXt Out WDM. Then I can get even round 10ms and also the I/O rate is green. It may work for a while but suddenly I get several warning which are confusing:
1. Your output device default samplerate is 48000 and different than the input samplerate 44100....
2. Your output device default samplerate is 48000 and different than the input samplerate 96000....
3. Your output device default samplerate is 48000 and different than the input samplerate 88200....
4. Not compatible samplerate (32000) found on Audio device

In windows sound control panel I set the POD XT Speaker on output to for 44100 and the same for Pod XT digital on input.
If I change the settings to 48000 I get another warning:
Your input device default samplerate (44100) and output device samplerate (48000) are asymmetric.....
BUT I just change the settings in windows to 44800!!!! Huh Exclusive modus for apps is activated in in and output settings.

HELP............. 
Sad
Hi,
I use the same audio gear than you and it works for me.
To get a decent audio interface latency (I get 18 ms), I just had to reduce the buffers at minimum in the ASIO panel :
- in ASIO settings : Default Buffer Size to 128
- in USB Audio Streaming : Buffer Size to Extra Small
Not perfect but playable.
Hi, both!  Thanks for the information. I've updated the list of audio interfaces to reflect this information.
Kevin
Even with USB extra small and Buffer at 128 I get only 20.95ms and a fair I/O Rate. With 1ms experimental Audio frame size I got 18.8ms latency. But sound has sometimes artifacts.

Also Chat Microphone doesn't work right. Neither Mic INput nor USB Headphone mic.... Sad
The issue is if I set the Audio frame size in the manager to 2.5 the chat mic works but I get artifacts in the audio from other users. At 1ms these artifacts are gone but the chat mic is full of them and not usable.
Until now it's not possible to get both functions running smoothly.
Quite different for me :
I use standard 2.5ms frame to get 18ms delay and not artifacts neither in the audio signal of the pod nor in the chat.
In the opposite, I never succeeded to use experimental 2ms or 1ms frame sizes without annoying artifacts.