• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Behringer U-PHORIA UM2 & ASIO4ALL Issues
I bought the Behringer UM2 interface, since I really only needed the one port for input from my Roland TD-15, which I run thru a Mackie 1402 (along with a condenser mic for chat) and into the UM2. I was dismayed when I found out the driver I had to use was ASIO4ALL, as that is what JamKazam says NOT to use, but it's what Behringer pointed me to, so I downloaded an installed it - see attachment for latest settings used. BTW running on Lenovo laptop w/ Windows 10.

On my numerous attempts to setup my Audio Gear in JamKazam, I have never been able to get it to work cleanly when I select ASIO4ALL. on initial setup, it can't determine latency and I have to go to loopback Test page, where (when the test works at all) latency is around 3-4ms, but I/O usually fails test and I can't proceed. Occasionally, for reasons I do NOT understand, it does pass the I/O part too and I am able to add that audio gear setup and then open a solo session. However, the audio in the solo session is either really bad, with lots of noise and odd sounds, plus I see lots of output jitter - but the latency is good (under 5), OR the sound is very intermittent, meaning I can tap one of the drums and only 1 note out ten come thru. (Direct Monior is OFF on interface). I also frequently hear a faint  popping sound during setup.

I have disabled the on-oard audio devices, so that only the USB Codec device (which is the interface) is active and set both input and output sampling to 48K Hz (have also tried 41K).

I have alternatively been able to setup my audio by selecting USB Codec using the default WMD driver and jam, but my internal latency is ALWAYS 20ms, so that is not ideal.

I am debating tossing the Berhinger UM2 and buying the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen, but I have also seen some posts where that seems to have problems on Windows 10 and I think I might have seen one where it said that had to use ASIO4ALL too, in which case I am not buying it, if that is true.

Wondering if anyone has been able to get ASIO4ALL working with any Berhinger interface, especially the UM2? Or is there another ASIO driver I can use?
(04-12-2020, 11:55 PM)BruceHS Wrote: I bought the Behringer UM2 interface, since I really only needed the one port for input from my Roland TD-15, which I run thru a Mackie 1402 (along with a condenser mic for chat) and into the UM2. I was dismayed when I found out the driver I had to use was ASIO4ALL, as that is what JamKazam says NOT to use, but it's what Behringer pointed me to, so I downloaded an installed it - see attachment for latest settings used. BTW running on Lenovo laptop w/ Windows 10.

On my numerous attempts to setup my Audio Gear in JamKazam, I have never been able to get it to work cleanly when I select ASIO4ALL. on initial setup, it can't determine latency and I have to go to loopback Test page, where (when the test works at all) latency is around 3-4ms, but I/O usually fails test and I can't proceed. Occasionally, for reasons I do NOT understand, it does pass the I/O part too and I am able to add that audio gear setup and then open a solo session. However, the audio in the solo session is either really bad, with lots of noise and odd sounds, plus I see lots of output jitter - but the latency is good (under 5), OR the sound is very intermittent, meaning I can tap one of the drums and only 1 note out ten come thru. (Direct Monior is OFF on interface). I also frequently hear a faint  popping sound during setup.

I have disabled the on-oard audio devices, so that only the USB Codec device (which is the interface) is active and set both input and output sampling to 48K Hz (have also tried 41K).

I have alternatively been able to setup my audio by selecting USB Codec using the default WMD driver and jam, but my internal latency is ALWAYS 20ms, so that is not ideal.

I am debating tossing the Berhinger UM2 and buying the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen, but I have also seen some posts where that seems to have problems on Windows 10 and I think I might have seen one where it said that had to use ASIO4ALL too, in which case I am not buying it, if that is true.

Wondering if anyone has been able to get ASIO4ALL working with any Berhinger interface, especially the UM2? Or is there another ASIO driver I can use?

I apologize, because I don't have the UM2, but I recently bought the UMC202HD, which I think is similar, but has 2 ports.  Have you downloaded the drivers for your unit from the Behringer site?  I found it just worked perfectly with JamKazam right out of the box after installing those drivers.

Scott
(04-13-2020, 05:13 AM)Scott_Graham Wrote:
(04-12-2020, 11:55 PM)BruceHS Wrote: I bought the Behringer UM2 interface, since I really only needed the one port for input from my Roland TD-15, which I run thru a Mackie 1402 (along with a condenser mic for chat) and into the UM2. I was dismayed when I found out the driver I had to use was ASIO4ALL, as that is what JamKazam says NOT to use, but it's what Behringer pointed me to, so I downloaded an installed it - see attachment for latest settings used. BTW running on Lenovo laptop w/ Windows 10.

I apologize, because I don't have the UM2, but I recently bought the UMC202HD, which I think is similar, but has 2 ports.  Have you downloaded the drivers for your unit from the Behringer site?  I found it just worked perfectly with JamKazam right out of the box after installing those drivers.

Scott
Hi,

Just read this post am having similar issues. Behringer interface does have an ASIO driver, from other places that's the best device to use. But, JK forces the sample/buffer size to 8, this seems to be by design, and there's no way I can find that will allow you to change it. Changing the buffer size in ASIO4ALL will stick, but it's not a 'real' ASIO and not as good performance wise.

Today, I had pops and crackles in a session, and on a particularly loud section, my drum sound just disintegrated (was a heavy toms section). Long story short, I traced it back to input overload, and when I wound the signal down, it cleaned up and it sounded sweet. I checked the same signal in my DAW and it was -24 dBFS, much lower than I'm used to working with. My learning is keep your signal in JK OUT of the red.

It would be good to hear from anyone who knows what the actual spec on input levels are, and if there are any controls (pads, gain controls etc) that can be set or accessed.

Cheers... Donny
(04-13-2020, 05:13 AM)Scott_Graham Wrote:

Scott
 The Behringer site directed me to ASIO4ALL. If you have a link for a different ASIO drive, can you please post it?

I did just go back to the Behringer site and downloaded an ASIO driver for the UMC series, but that is NOT recognizing my UM2 as a device, so it appears that does not work.

At this point, I'm inclined to recommend that no one buy the UM2 for JamKazam - seems to be a POS for this application.
I looked at the Behringer site and also found the driver listed is ASIO4ALL. I assume that's the standard ASIO4ALL. I actually tried to use that with another interface, unsuccessfully with jamkazam, and ultimately found that they don't recommend using it with jamkazam. I'm sorry. I can definitely recommend the umc202hd however. It's working great, and has internal latency according to jamkazam of 4 2 mSec. They cost about $118.

thats 4.2 mSec
FWIW, I am using the Behringer UMC22.  Honestly, I've fooled around with it so much that I can't remember whether I'm still using the ASIO driver.  But the bottom liine is that I've gotten a headache and have never gotten the latency under 20ms.  I'm planning on upgrading to the UMC202HD.  (I'm running Wndows 10.)
These were the previous Behringer drivers before Behringer chose to only support via ASIO4ALL:
BEHRINGER UM2 DRIVERS for Windows 10
► 64 bit - http://bit.ly/2ptlNTY-Behringer-64bit
► 32 bit - http://bit.ly/2xCNP3a-Behringer-32bit

These are as posted in this description of this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3QHbhtknH8, which I recommend
I have used these with a UM2 interface for our band's drummer, and they worked well, including using them in JamKazam. If I recall, I think the latency was under 10ms on a older Dell Latitude e6530 laptop (3rd gen i5 I think?) running Win10 with 8GB RAM. Hope this helps.
(04-12-2020, 11:55 PM)BruceH Wrote: Wondering if anyone has been able to get ASIO4ALL working with any Berhinger interface, especially the UM2? Or is there another ASIO driver I can use?

Here is a link to the Behringer ASIO driver that may work with the UM2. Give it a shot. I've used it with success on a different device from Behringer.
http://www.behringerdownload.de/_softwar...2.8.40.zip
I have a similar issue with Behringer U-PHORIA UM2 with my bass guitar.

I do not get a recording signal from the bass guitar in Inst 2 of the Audio Interface Behringer U-PHORIA UM2, although I hear the guitart well on direct monitor head phones, as well as from the test sound in the JamKazam Audio Setup and the chat microphone.

To reslove this issue, I re-watched the Behringer QS guide on YouTube https://youtu.be/j4-B_DUMOwY where they recommended to download the ASIO driver mentioned by others above.

I rescanned the system for external devices but the  ASIO driver did not appear in JamKazam. Does this matter?

My input and output settings are USB Audio CODEC for the Audio Interface Behringer U-PHORIA UM2,

Why do I still not receive an input signal from the bass guitar on the JamKazam  master output and session recorder?

In a private test session, Audio packages are also neither received nor transmitted to a session peer.

Please advise.
Are you re-syncing?  JamKazam should be finding your ASIO driver.  When in doubt, reboot, retry.