• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I cannot get the same ASIO latency with Jamkazam as with my DAW
I am having audio latency problems with Jamkazam. I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. When I use it to run my DAW (Reaper), I can set the buffer size to 32 samples and get 4.6ms latency. But when I try to configure Jamkazam, it sets the buffer to 120 samples and Jamkazam's reported latency is 23.5ms. So I open my ASIO controls and set the buffer to 32 samples again, but the reported overall latency doesn't change. It's still 23.5ms. When I reenable audio in my DAW I see that the latency is now 11ms. I then change the latency in the ASIO controls from 32 to 64 and back to 32 again, and now the DAW reports 4.6ms latency. But when I go back to Jamkazam, the reported latency is back to 23.5ms, and when I enable the audio in my DAW again, it once again reports 11ms. Why can't I get the same ASIO latency with Jamkazam as with Reaper?
(03-29-2020, 03:14 PM)ricecrispies Wrote: I'm experiencing the exact same thing with my M-Audio Fastrack Ultra 8r. Also,  I can't seem to get the input and output sample rate to match up. 

I am having audio latency problems with Jamkazam. I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. When I use it to run my DAW (Reaper), I can set the buffer size to 32 samples and get 4.6ms latency. But when I try to configure Jamkazam, it sets the buffer to 120 samples and Jamkazam's reported latency is 23.5ms. So I open my ASIO controls and set the buffer to 32 samples again, but the reported overall latency doesn't change. It's still 23.5ms. When I reenable audio in my DAW I see that the latency is now 11ms. I then change the latency in the ASIO controls from 32 to 64 and back to 32 again, and now the DAW reports 4.6ms latency. But when I go back to Jamkazam, the reported latency is back to 23.5ms, and when I enable the audio in my DAW again, it once again reports 11ms. Why can't I get the same ASIO latency with Jamkazam as with Reaper?
I'm not an expert. But Reaper and JamKazam are different programs. So you can expect different latency. So the 25 ms are another problem. Are your drivers up to date? Windows too? What is running behind? All running programs will infect your latency.
Hope it gives you a little help.
(03-29-2020, 03:14 PM)ricecrispies Wrote: I am having audio latency problems with Jamkazam. I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. When I use it to run my DAW (Reaper), I can set the buffer size to 32 samples and get 4.6ms latency. But when I try to configure Jamkazam, it sets the buffer to 120 samples and Jamkazam's reported latency is 23.5ms. So I open my ASIO controls and set the buffer to 32 samples again, but the reported overall latency doesn't change. It's still 23.5ms. When I reenable audio in my DAW I see that the latency is now 11ms. I then change the latency in the ASIO controls from 32 to 64 and back to 32 again, and now the DAW reports 4.6ms latency. But when I go back to Jamkazam, the reported latency is back to 23.5ms, and when I enable the audio in my DAW again, it once again reports 11ms. Why can't I get the same ASIO latency with Jamkazam as with Reaper?

I would think the difference is that with the DAW there is no additional internet latency. For the DAW the latency is computer, software and audio interface. For JamKazam I would think you would also have to add internet latency.
it seems a bug in jk or focusrite ... setting the Freq/buffer to 96k/60  seems is understood by jamkazam ...and not resetted to *120* allowing lower latency...
Hi,
I see here a lot of problem with these focusrite scarlett 3rd gen interfaces. I opened a ticket by focusrite support and they say it works with almost every DAW with low latency, except Jamkazam. They know it and they investigate.
As I bought mine only for use with Jamkazam, I sent it back.
(06-08-2020, 08:35 PM)Heathcliff_wh Wrote: Hi,
I see here a lot of problem with these  focusrite scarlett 3rd gen interfaces. I opened a ticket by focusrite support and they say it works with almost every DAW with low latency, except Jamkazam. They know it and they investigate.

Just by way of balance. I have a 3rd gen 4i4 with standard installed drivers. It seems to be happier at 96 for me but delivers this in Jamkazam - https://screenrec.com/share/CUhAStiJxO which works fine for me. I'm on latest version of Windows 10 1909 (18363.836) NOT wifi. It's an Intel i5-9400 @2.90GHz with 16Gb RAM
(06-08-2020, 08:35 PM)Heathcliff_wh Wrote: Hi,
I see here a lot of problem with these  focusrite scarlett 3rd gen interfaces. I opened a ticket by focusrite support and they say it works with almost every DAW with low latency, except Jamkazam. They know it and they investigate.
Heathcliff, I'm in the same boat, think I'll send mine back too. Can I ask you did you get another audio interface? If so does it work with Jamkazam and what did you get?