• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Windows update today! (4-12-2020)
Just installed the new Windows update that was released today, it's version 1.0.3657.

Did a couple of quick tests, seems fine.

Anyone know what's been changed/fixed?
I installed the updated Windows client and still cannot upload a 7.42 kilobit avatar or connect to a test server.
(04-12-2020, 08:56 PM)Seisiuneer Wrote: Just installed the new Windows update that was released today, it's version 1.0.3657.

If we cannot even get the program to start up (it consistently tells me my Username/Login is incorrect) is there any way to upgrade?  Would the upgrade fix this problem?
I have not gotten any response from the Jamkazam support people.
Glen
(04-12-2020, 08:56 PM)Seisiuneer Wrote: Just installed the new Windows update that was released today, it's version 1.0.3657.

Thanks, Seisiuneer! I've put a public calendar event for this Windows client update here on the forum.
Kevin
I did notice that the manual changes I made to my client.ini [net] section for UDP static port selection got overwritten, and then if I added them after the update, they get overwritten again:

In the client.ini section: [net]

I had been adding:

udpport=12000
use_static_udpport=true

These get removed when I launch the new version. Guessing this is handled now by the Network configurations setting dialog in the app itself.

(04-12-2020, 09:10 PM)Ukiah Bass Wrote: I installed the updated Windows client and still cannot upload a 7.42 kilobit avatar or connect to a test server.
I've never been able to connect to a test server, even on the older version.

(04-12-2020, 09:14 PM)Glendon Gardner Wrote:

If we cannot even get the program to start up (it consistently tells me my Username/Login is incorrect) is there any way to upgrade?  Would the upgrade fix this problem?
Glen
Worked fine for me before and after the upgrade to the new version.

Did it ever work for you?

Perhaps you might just create a new Username and Password on the Jamkazam website (not in-app) and try again?
(04-12-2020, 10:19 PM)Seisiuneer Wrote: I did notice that the manual changes I made to my client.ini [net] section for UDP static port selection got overwritten, and then if I added them after the update, they get overwritten again:

In the client.ini section: [net]

I had been adding:

udpport=12000
use_static_udpport=true

These get removed when I launch the new version. Guessing this is handled now by the Network configurations setting dialog in the app itself.

(04-12-2020, 09:10 PM)Ukiah Bass Wrote: I installed the updated Windows client and still cannot upload a 7.42 kilobit avatar or connect to a test server.
I've never been able to connect to a test server, even on the older version.

(04-12-2020, 09:14 PM)Glendon Gardner Wrote:

Glen
Worked fine for me before and after the upgrade to the new version.

Did it ever work for you?

Perhaps you might just create a new Username and Password on the Jamkazam website (not in-app) and try again?
I've signed up twice through this website with 2 different usernames and emails and can never even get the program to start for me.  When I tried to sign up through the program, I couldn't get past the I am not a robot step.  I've also sent messages to the support email address and have not gotten any replies.  So, I'm completely at a loss.  Thanks for replying.  At last someone out there has heard my cry for help.
I updated Sunday to version 1.0.3657 and didn’t notice any problem. Cool
A friend of mine updated too and he is not able anymore to join any session ... JamKazam is cra$ng each time he tries to join.  Undecided
We tried sessions created by him or by me but none worked.