• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue screen of death
Hello,

When using JamKazam and adjusting the ASIO buffers of my Focusrite Solo V3, I get a BAD POOL CALLER BSOD. The value selected is 96 with the ASIO control panel when setting up the AUDIO. I read in another thread to back the buffer down to a small value. 66 was fine. 96 was an immediate BSOD. This makes that experience dead in the water. Are there any fixes?
I am getting similar problems with a Focusrite Solo Gen 2. I have tried this on two PCs and a MAC and I can't get it to work with Jamkazam on any of them. I got a Presonus interface to work but I am having problems with Jamkazam setting the buffer size too small and getting artifacts.
(04-12-2020, 02:41 PM)Pliny Wrote: I am getting similar problems with a Focusrite Solo Gen 2.  I have tried this on two PCs and a MAC and I can't get it to work with Jamkazam on any of them.  I got a Presonus interface to work but I am having problems with Jamkazam setting the buffer size too small and getting artifacts.
Do a windows update (assuming you use windows). Check for any drivers updates for your computer, and the sound interface. I helped my friend using https://www.driverscloud.com/en/features and he was pretty happy how fast his computer was going, especially since I don't think ever did driver updates for his now older PC.
Hello,

My system is up to date. Windows is not finding any needed updates. This cloud application is the pits. Do not use it.

I just went thru a different BSOD with Jamkazam. KERNAL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION is the new culprit. I think JamKazam is too buggy at the present. I sent my BSOD data to JamKazam.
Hello,

An update arrived from JamKazam. Cool. I installed it. I had recently setup JamChat. I next attempted to setup JamKazam with my gear. A USB Plantronics Headset, Focusrite Solo v3, and my SoundBlaster Z are my options. Focusrite says the baud and buffer sizes are mismatched. Apparently AutoMatch isn’t match to Focusrite needs.

I change to manual. I adjusted Baud to 44000 as required and buffer set to 128. I click the X to close ASIO setup. BSOD IRQ_NOT_EQUAL. After reboot, JamKazam will not load. Claims Qt for Windows is not loaded. Please reinstall.

I uninstalled JamKazam and reinstalled with the update.
(04-12-2020, 07:09 PM)AradoJam Wrote: Hello,

My system is up to date. Windows is not finding any needed updates.  This cloud application is the pits. Do not use it. 

I just went thru a different BSOD with Jamkazam. KERNAL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION is the new culprit. I think JamKazam is too buggy at the present. I sent my BSOD data to JamKazam.
Windows does not always have the most up to date drivers through Windows update, for instance, you will never see a bios update for the motherboard on Windows update. In order to find your motherboard model number (sometimes can be found on the motherboard) and look and type drivers next to it in google search. If you don't know the motherboard model number use a program called CPUID/ CPU-Z go to the mainboard tab and you will see Model.
Is 96 your sample rate, not your buffer size. If it is your sample rate it should be at 48. Buffer size usually comes in 8's.
I'm getting the same problem (BSOD) on 2 computers with my Focusrite 2i4 2nd gen. Latest Focusrite drivers, Windows 10 up to date. I've used that Focusrite in many apps and DAWs with no issues for a couple years (Reaper, S_Gear, Mercuriall stuff, etc) with very low latency and it's been very stable. Jamkazam has caused me 3 BSODs on 2 computers so far.

Any idea what might be causing this?

And another...

And another...
(04-12-2020, 12:19 PM)AradoJam Wrote: Hello,

When using JamKazam and adjusting the ASIO buffers of my Focusrite Solo V3, I get a BAD POOL CALLER BSOD. The value selected is 96 with the ASIO control panel when setting up the AUDIO. I read in another thread to back the buffer down to a small value. 66 was fine. 96 was an immediate BSOD. This makes that experience dead in the water. Are there any fixes?

You need to install the Focusrite USB beta drivers. This should work across all models. Here is the official download link:

http://beta.focusrite.com/releases/focus...2_drivers/

They will overwrite the existing drivers automatically for you. I had this exact problem with the Focusrite Solo 3rd Gen and it fixed it. I'm now using the Clarett 2Pre USB with those drivers as well and haven't had any issues.