• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update Band Profile: Not Working?
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to update some of our Band Profile, and when I click on 'Save and Next', nothing appends.

Do you have the same problem? How to fix that?

Regards,

Michel
(04-11-2020, 08:02 PM)mblack77 Wrote: Hi Guys,

I'm trying to update some of our Band Profile, and when I click on 'Save and Next', nothing appends.

Regards,

Michel

I have exactly the same problem. I accidentally mis-typed the name of my band and now it is fixed like that forever! I've tried everything, but I can't change or delete it.

PLEEEEAAASSSEEE someone help!
I am having the same problem.
(04-11-2020, 08:02 PM)mblack77 Wrote: Hi Guys,

Regards,

Michel
Hi all!

Trying to create "my band" and it totally froze up. I've gone back to try to edit the band profile like Michel and Ian. and "Save & Next" button does nothing. And with 3 of 6 of my band's musicians on JK, would be handy to have "my band" setup.

I've tried editing my band profile in macOS JK latest client, Safari, Firefox, and Chrome. I'm on macOS 10.14.6 Mojave.

Getting error messages -- here they are in case this helps the awesome JK developers. 
  1. When looking at "bands" in my "profile", i see the my partially created band where luckily i got the name correct. On the right side there is the icon of person with headphones and the link next to it "undefined" that if i hover over the link long enough, i get the following error message at the bottom of the window slide up saying "User Deleted / The User no longer exists. (OKAY)" (see pic below).
  2. When trying to update the band picture in the band profile, i've uploaded a photo, set the selection rectangle to use and hit the "UPDATE PHOTO", i get a message "Oops! (OKAY)" (see pic below).  
  3. When in "band profile" page, i click on the "history" tab, i can see a half cut off word i think it says "Loading...", and after about 30 secs, i get a message that says "Feed unavailable / status-502. message- 502 Bad Gateway / nginx/1.6.1 (OKAY)" (see pic below).
That's all i got for the moment. Luckily can still jam without having setup a band.

Stay safe,
Dan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm new to JamKazam and I too came across this frustrating problem. 

I'm also a developer and I have found a workaround to solve it. Unfortunately, the solution is rather technical.

Here is the problem. Using a Web Proxy (Charles), the API returns the following when trying to save.

{
"errors": {
"hourly_rate": ["is not a number"],
"gig_minimum": ["is not a number"]
}
}

This is usually because the supplied value is an empty string. But the problem is not the String data type, the API validation rejects anything that evaluates to zero.

"" - fail
null - fail
"1" - pass
1 - pass
0 - fail
"0" - fail

How To Fix:

Run Charles Web Proxy
Start recording API requests
Press Save in the app
Find the POST request
Enable SSL for the site (right click)
Edit the request
Change the JSON, see below example.
Execute the request

The API request will go to www.jamkazam.com/api/bands/b1fa2bee-8b68-4553-9e56-72588d93aa7f or similar.

The request contents:

Change highlighted JSON properties. 

{
"instruments": [],
"id": "b1fa2bee-8b68-4553-9e56-72588d93aa7f",
"name": "The Pelican Band",
"website": null,
"biography": "Acoustic band based in London.",
"city": "Fulham",
"state": "F1",
"country": "GB",
"band_type": "physical",
"band_status": "amateur",
"concert_count": "",
"add_new_members": false,
"paid_gigs": false,
"free_gigs": false,
"touring_option": false,
"play_commitment": "1",
"hourly_rate": "1", <-- Set to 1 or another number. Cannot be zero.
"gig_minimum": "1", <-- - Set to 1 another number. Cannot be zero
"online_presences": [],
"performance_samples": [],
"validate_genres": false
}

Workaround to JamKazam API developers:

Allow zero values for:
hourly_rate
gig_minimum
(01-09-2021, 06:42 PM)marcuspainter Wrote: I'm new to JamKazam and I too came across this frustrating problem. 

I'm also a developer and I have found a workaround to solve it. Unfortunately, the solution is rather technical.

Here is the problem. Using a Web Proxy (Charles), the API returns the following when trying to save.

{
"errors": {
"hourly_rate": ["is not a number"],
"gig_minimum": ["is not a number"]
}
}

This is usually because the supplied value is an empty string. But the problem is not the String data type, the API validation rejects anything that evaluates to zero.

"" - fail
null - fail
"1" - pass
1 - pass
0 - fail
"0" - fail

How To Fix:

Run Charles Web Proxy
Start recording API requests
Press Save in the app
Find the POST request
Enable SSL for the site (right click)
Edit the request
Change the JSON, see below example.
Execute the request

The API request will go to www.jamkazam.com/api/bands/b1fa2bee-8b68-4553-9e56-72588d93aa7f or similar.

The request contents:

Change highlighted JSON properties. 

{
"instruments": [],
"id": "b1fa2bee-8b68-4553-9e56-72588d93aa7f",
"name": "The Pelican Band",
"website": null,
"biography": "Acoustic band based in London.",
"city": "Fulham",
"state": "F1",
"country": "GB",
"band_type": "physical",
"band_status": "amateur",
"concert_count": "",
"add_new_members": false,
"paid_gigs": false,
"free_gigs": false,
"touring_option": false,
"play_commitment": "1",
"hourly_rate": "1", <-- Set to 1 or another number. Cannot be zero.
"gig_minimum": "1", <-- - Set to 1 another number. Cannot be zero
"online_presences": [],
"performance_samples": [],
"validate_genres": false
}

Workaround to JamKazam API developers:

Allow zero values for:
hourly_rate
gig_minimum
Hi Marcus, Nice debugging! I will add this to the support thread i have started -- i got the gold plan so i could file bug reports. As much as i'd like to have fun and do the work around i will hope that JK does the fix quickly since you have identified the issue so succinctly. --- Dan
Hi Dan, thanks for forwarding the details to JK. I looked how create a ticket, but I'm still on the Free Plan (Says I'm Gold for 30 days, but this doesn't seem to count!) . The devs should have enough to follow.
Marcus
(01-10-2021, 09:20 PM)marcuspainter Wrote: Hi Dan, thanks for forwarding the details to JK. I looked how create a ticket, but I'm still on the Free Plan (Says I'm Gold for 30 days, but this doesn't seem to count!) . The devs should have enough to follow.
Marcus
Welcome Marcus. Strange that it says you are on gold for 30 days.... that is probably old message from the start of Dec as the "Free" gold or whatever level everyone was given for Dec all went away on Jan 1st 2021 -- at least that is what i remember reading. I bought Gold for the year betting on JK doing good and surviving -- my CC was charged on 12/31/2021 late in the day. And i jammed with my band on 1/1/2021 for hours and all was good. Well except for some audio issues which is ticket #1.

I'm getting responses from support to try things but nothing has helped so far. But they are responding so that is a plus. 

Wish the Freshdesk had a way to see my tickets with a login for my email address account and add stuff that way instead of responding to emails.... hummm... sounds like i have another ticket to start. But i will wait until the "video" and the "edit band" issues are taken care of as they are way more important.

Peace,
Dan