• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"ra": "NOT <== RECEIVING AUDIO FROM PEER",
The connectivity to a friend who i regularly jam with seems to vary from day to day. Usually a few restarts help, but yesterday it was not possible to get audio from him at all. He could hear me well, i got no audio signal from him. Countless restarts of the JK client, restart of computers and modems didn't help.

In one of the error protocols i found this:

"rt": "RAND_PORT info:\n 0=57629\n 1=0\n 2=0\n 3=0"

Could this be a clue of what went wrong? 

Unfortunately i' have no clue about programming but would be interested to know what the second line means ...

Thanks
(04-11-2020, 08:19 AM)B.B. Wrote: The connectivity to a friend who i regularly jam with seems to vary from day to day. Usually a few restarts help, but yesterday it was not possible to get audio from him at all. He could hear me well, i got no audio signal from him. Countless restarts of the JK client, restart of computers and modems didn't help.

In one of the error protocols i found this:

Could this be a clue of what went wrong? 

Unfortunately i' have no clue about programming but would be interested to know what the second line means ...

Thanks
IMHO this is not a jkz issue but rather a networking/computing challenge. The jkz service establishes a peer-to-peer connection between the two of you. Did your friend try to create a dedicated portrange for the app to run at? Both in the app and per his router? (the in the app suggested 12000 and up are hardly used by anything else [but could be blocked by an ISP] )
(04-11-2020, 10:58 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: IMHO this is not a jkz issue but rather a networking/computing challenge. The jkz service establishes a peer-to-peer connection between the two of you. Did your friend try to create a dedicated portrange for the app to run at? Both in the app and per his router? (the in the app suggested 12000 and up are hardly used by anything else [but could be blocked by an ISP] )

Thanks Dimitri!
In order to get a better overview i'm trying to educate myself a bit at this point. So my questions are also:
Is the Rand_Port info telling the connections between ports? If yes, then it seems that we were connected via port 57629 - is this correct?