• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Weird Echo when recording live sessions
Hi,

My buddy and I just tried out our first session and it seemed to be going well.  I have to say, it was awesome to be able to jam together again!  There was a little lag between us, but we were able to play through it, mostly.  But then I tried to record our session and there was a weird echo in the recording.  Only in the recording, not in our live feeds.  And it was only echoing my track.  I tested and if I record just me, there is no echo.  Has anyone experienced this and have been able to resolve it?

Thanks,
Jonathan
make sure your "direct monitoring" is off. Also on some computers you must turn down your built-in audio on your computer. make sure no one is using speakers. headphones only
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, still getting the echo in our recordings.
Agreed, i have encountered intermittent echo even when direct monitoring is off, and built in audio is disabled. It just happens sometimes.
Hi,

Trying to get the online practice going for my band with all the pandemic restrictions around but having the same echo issue trying to practice with my drummer.   His audio to me was clear from his electronic drums + backing tracks from computer + mic.  
However on my side I got an echo on both my mic and guitar.  

First connection set up:

Guitar > Helix > mixer ( 2 channels stereo L+ R)
                                                                           > output into both inputs of Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 > to computer
Mic > mixer

Second connection (no mixer) set up:

Guitar > Helix > Focusrite L channel
                                                            > Focusrite to computer
Mic > Focurite R channel 

No matter what combination got echo on both vocals and guitar

Any ideas on where the issue might be coming from?

my internet speed is avg 347 download and 356 upload 1ms latency....my drummer is running about the same speed.

Thanks for any help on this

When the drummer muted his audio in to the session the echo went away.  Tried muting one of his inputs into the session but no luck.

Any good/helpful advise is welcome!

Thanks!