• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fix: Mac OSx - !!!!!! Critical !! Unable to bind to media udp port no #####.
Hello Everyone,

I worked all day yesterday and this morning to find a fix for that error on my OSx Sierra... and I find it!!! :-)

This is the message I got: 

Unable to open port ###### on any network interface! You will not be able to join sessions
!!!!!! Critical !! Unable to bind to media udp port no #####. Try restarting the JK client.

Even if my firewall was properly configured, and UPnP activated... I was not able to connect. So, I started to presume there is something to do with the Security of my Mac. 

After read some article, I found the GateKeeper of OSx sometimes put some apps downloaded from the internet into quarantine and do not allow them to be executed properly.

So, I search for a fix... and I found that.

-----------------

1) Close and Quit JamKazam client if it's open

2) Open a Terminal, type and press Enter:

Code:
xattr /Applications/Jamkazam.app

If you see see something like this appear ...

Code:
com.apple.quarantine

...thats mean JamKazam as been Quarantined by the GateKeeper. 

3) To remove JamKazam from the quarantine, in the Terminal, type this command and press Enter...

Code:
sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/JamKazam.app

The Terminal gonna ask for your password, type it (you not gonna see anything appear during you're typing) and press Enter.

After Enter, the command should be accepted by OSx and JamKazam should be removed of the quarantine. 

4) To check, type again...

Code:
xattr /Applications/JamKazam.app

If nothing appear, that's mean JamKazam is not in Quarantine anymore.

5) Restart JamKazam Client... it should work. (crossed finger)

It works great for me... hope it's gonna help some of you.  Smile

Best Regards,

Michel
Thanks, now looking if network test will work.
nope nada
(04-10-2020, 11:36 PM)ross byron Wrote: nope nada

:-(

What did you get of errror?
(04-10-2020, 11:41 PM)mblack77 Wrote:

I would guess he means that network test doesn't work... It doesn't work for me neither but I was able to do a session with a friend yesterday. Server on their side is probably buggy for network test.

If it's not what he meant, I don't know... 

However, I'll use the Windows side for our next session: my Roland Octacapture has less latency on Windows 10 (BootCamp on an early MBP 2011).
(04-12-2020, 01:30 AM)Patrice Brousseau Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 11:41 PM)mblack77 Wrote:

I would guess he means that network test doesn't work... It doesn't work for me neither but I was able to do a session with a friend yesterday. Server on their side is probably buggy for network test.

If it's not what he meant, I don't know... 

However, I'll use the Windows side for our next session: my Roland Octacapture has less latency on Windows 10 (BootCamp on an early MBP 2011).
Hi Ross,

Happy to see it's working for you now. If you can start a session, ear the sound of your friend and your friend ear your sound, this means it works. :-)

Yes, the Network Test doesn't always work. As I read on another thread, look like they restart the server once every hour and, due to a lot of request, he goes down quickly.

Regards
(04-09-2020, 11:57 PM)mblack77 Wrote: Hello Everyone,

I worked all day yesterday and this morning to find a fix for that error on my OSx Sierra... and I find it!!! :-)

This is the message I got: 

Unable to open port ###### on any network interface! You will not be able to join sessions
!!!!!! Critical !! Unable to bind to media udp port no #####. Try restarting the JK client.

Even if my firewall was properly configured, and UPnP activated... I was not able to connect. So, I started to presume there is something to do with the Security of my Mac. 

After read some article, I found the GateKeeper of OSx sometimes put some apps downloaded from the internet into quarantine and do not allow them to be executed properly.

So, I search for a fix... and I found that.

-----------------

1) Close and Quit JamKazam client if it's open

2) Open a Terminal, type and press Enter:

Code:
xattr /Applications/Jamkazam.app

If you see see something like this appear ...

Code:
com.apple.quarantine

...thats mean JamKazam as been Quarantined by the GateKeeper. 

3) To remove JamKazam from the quarantine, in the Terminal, type this command and press Enter...

Code:
sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/JamKazam.app

The Terminal gonna ask for your password, type it (you not gonna see anything appear during you're typing) and press Enter.

After Enter, the command should be accepted by OSx and JamKazam should be removed of the quarantine. 

4) To check, type again...

Code:
xattr /Applications/JamKazam.app

If nothing appear, that's mean JamKazam is not in Quarantine anymore.

5) Restart JamKazam Client... it should work. (crossed finger)

It works great for me... hope it's gonna help some of you.  Smile

Best Regards,

Michel
100% fixed mine. Couldn't connect with another player on my network, ran this command, worked right away. Thanks!
Sounds like a lot of trouble. Glad you have it worked out.

Can you explain what this means exactly?

"100% fixed mine. Couldn't connect with another player on my network, ran this command, worked right away. Thanks!

Are you saying you are able to connect to other players inside your own network LAN? please explain "my network"

I use Sierra, normally keep my OS firewall off. Everything is secure on the Router hardware Firewall, with the exception of UDP porting forwarding for JK. No errors.
Happy to hear that Gilmofo :-)
Regards.

(05-25-2020, 04:53 PM)GDJ Wrote: Sounds like a lot of trouble. Glad you have it worked out.

Can you explain what this means exactly?

"100% fixed mine. Couldn't connect with another player on my network, ran this command, worked right away. Thanks!

Are you saying you are able to connect to other players inside your own network LAN? please explain "my network"

I use Sierra, normally keep my OS firewall off. Everything is secure on the Router hardware Firewall, with the exception of UDP porting forwarding for JK. No errors.

Hi GDJ

Probably he is saying that because he's not able to connect to an OSx located into in Home Network... like, into a 192.168.*.* range or so. Mainly, as I understand, it's due to the GateKeeper of OSx is not working, not a firewall issue. 

It's why I investigate this problem. I'm a IT professional and I was sure my network was ok. I do some test with Windows (worked well), communication between 2 Windows (worked well), but as soon as I put an OSx in the loop: problems appear. Looks clear to me the problem is related to the OSx, so find the problem.

Regards