• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DAW into JamKazam?
Hi everyone,
Im a PC user. Me and my bandmates have configured jamkazam perfectly and pretty happy with the result so we can still have our practice on a regular basis. My main concern is that I cant find a way to use my DAW to work in Jamkazam. I have a mixer hooked to my external soundcard so I can use a microphone and my guitars but my piano/controller (panorama P6) is hooked to my Reason studio 11 DAW.  I can play the piano in my DAW but no one except me in Jamkazam can hear it. Please help.
(11-17-2020, 04:01 AM)musico@videotron.ca Wrote: Hi everyone,
Im a PC user. Me and my bandmates have configured jamkazam perfectly and pretty happy with the result so we can still have our practice on a regular basis. My main concern is that I cant find a way to use my DAW to work in Jamkazam. I have a mixer hooked to my external soundcard so I can use a microphone and my guitars but my piano/controller (panorama P6) is hooked to my Reason studio 11 DAW.  I can play the piano in my DAW but no one except me in Jamkazam can hear it. Please help.

>>>
The answer to your question is in this thread you posted it in.
Can you be more specific? Read it all again and didnt find any answer to my related problem.

Thank you
(12-03-2020, 12:02 AM)musico@videotron.ca Wrote: Can you be more specific? Read it all again and didnt find any answer to my related problem.

Thank you

>>>
Basically you go a similar route as we do in macOS (explained in this thread), just use different tools (because e.g. BlackHole is not available for Windows)
So, a google for a 'windows alternative for BlackHole' would probably have put you in the right direction.
Also a google for 'DAW into JamKazam' could have led you to this YT-video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFBI5tvC2Ho
H
e uses Ableton but I'm sure you can translate that to your favorite DAW.
Also Reaper & ReaRoute have been used successfully to do the same. https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=158500

Just out of interest. You say you yourself can hear your keys-via-DAW when in a JKz session?
To the best of my knowledge that would mean you have some sort of local/direct monitoring enabled(?), which is generally thought to be a bad idea. How does your DAW output get to your headphones -out on your audio interface? (when in a JKz session)
(I guess you use VST's or similar, hence the DAW?)
(12-03-2020, 02:59 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 12:02 AM)musico@videotron.ca Wrote: Can you be more specific? Read it all again and didnt find any answer to my related problem.

Thank you

>>>
Basically you go a similar route as we do in macOS (explained in this thread), just use different tools (because e.g. BlackHole is not available for Windows)
So, a google for a 'windows alternative for BlackHole' would probably have put you in the right direction.
Also a google for 'DAW into JamKazam' could have led you to this YT-video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFBI5tvC2Ho
H
Also Reaper & ReaRoute have been used successfully to do the same. https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=158500

Just out of interest. You say you yourself can hear your keys-via-DAW when in a JKz session?
To the best of my knowledge that would mean you have some sort of local/direct monitoring enabled(?), which is generally thought to be a bad idea. How does your DAW output get to your headphones -out on your audio interface? (when in a JKz session)

Hi Dimitri Muskens,

At first I was a little sketical about trying an app on my PC to make things work but you were right. Before using voicemeeter Potato, I tried jackaudio.com but it didnt do the job. I followed your youtube link and it did the job. I can now use my DAW and controller as much as my external mixer with my guitar and microphone in a Jamkazam session. Thank you
(12-06-2020, 09:10 PM)musico@videotron.ca Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 02:59 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:

Thank you

>>>
H

Hi Dimitri Muskens,

At first I was a little sketical about trying an app on my PC to make things work but you were right. Before using voicemeeter Potato, I tried jackaudio.com but it didnt do the job. I followed your youtube link and it did the job. I can now use my DAW and controller as much as my external mixer with my guitar and microphone in a Jamkazam session. Thank you
>>>

Cool! Enjoy!
Hi,

I am new to jamkazam and to using audio equipment. I have a mac, and right now am using Catalina 10.15.7. I have a Behringer Xenyx Q1202 USB Interface and mixer.

Is it possible to have a session in jamkazam and record it in garageband, rather than using the recording functions of jamkazam?

Thank you!
(04-09-2020, 12:30 PM)Gert Landsted Wrote: Possible to send DAW in to JamKazam?  I use my daw mixer for my drum set (I don’t have a physical mixer to sum it down to two channels).  Or using fx chains from daw could be useful as well.
I have DAW (Logic X) working with JamKazaam. All you have to do is route output of your DAW to the audio interface (MOTU in my case) make sure the complete output from that interface including DAW, voice, guitars, who knows what else, gets to the input channels of JK.
(05-27-2020, 11:50 PM)Filote Wrote: I'm on a Mac. Just got LoopBack by Rogue Amoeba, works great & simple to patch in.
Can you describe how you set up LoopBack to work with JamKazam? I've been trying it to go from Logic into JamKazam but haven't got it to work yet.
Thanks!
In search of ways to reduce latency.  Has anyone had any experience with Audiomovers - Lissento.  Would installing this allow me to further reduce my latency in JamKazam?  Not trying to record -- just to play with other musicians.