• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DAW into JamKazam?
I am able to pipe Logic (and Mainstage) into JK via Blackhole in a manner similar to what is described above. It has been working very well for me with no noticeable added latency.

In Logic the input device is my interface (1st Gen. Scarlett 2i2) and the output device is Blackhole. I set the sample rate for the project to 48khz. I create an aggregate device in the Audio Midi Setup app with the interface as the clock source, and Blackhole set up for drift correction, both at 48khz. In JK I select the aggregate device as the audio interface and use inputs 3 and 4 and outputs 1 and 2. If your interface has more ins and outs you'll need to select higher numbered ins since they are stacked in the aggregate device with the interface ones listed first. That's the confusing part. I also find that I need to reassign the interfaces to the aggregate device in the Audio Midi Settings app each time I run JK since I'm using a laptop (2016 15" MacBook Pro) and plugging/unplugging the interface a lot.

-Aaron
First, I am a classical musician--I play the oboe. I am working on a project to get a few of my orchestral colleagues together on JK. Quite a few versions of tech among the players, and not a lot of knowledge about how it all fits together. So, it is up to me to do the testing and figure it out. I appreciate any guidance anyone can offer.

I am on an iMac (mid-2017), Catalina, max memory. I am currently testing several interfaces including Focusrite Scarlet Solo 3rd gen, Focusrite 2i2, and Blue Yeti USB mic alone. DAW is Garage Band. Blackhole is installed and Aggregated Device using Blackhole is set up in Audio Midi Setup.

First question--will this even work with Garage Band?

My first test is using the Blue Yeti. As a bit of background on this interface, I was successful in setting up a Pianist with this mic and we played a short session together with good result (I was also on a Blue Yeti). It works fine in JK.

GB is running. Input is the Blue Yeti and output is Aggregated Device (using Blackhole) that I set up in Audio Midi Setup.

JK is running. Input is Blackhole (not the AD?) and output is the Blue Yeti (Headphones plugged into the onboard headphone jack).

Sound from GB coming in loud and clear. No indication of any input making it into JK (DB indicator is dormant).

I am not clear on what you mean by "starting a short loop". Why wouldn't my playing make it from GB to JK without a loop playing first?

Many thanks again for any help you can offer.

Mike
Hi there. I am trying to send sounds from my DAW (Logic Pro) to JK. I followed your instructions--all well till I get to audio gear setup in JK.

Under "inputs"--"update" -- Blackhole is NOT an option. Only 2 options are "Presonus" and "None". Please advise? Thanks!
Is anyone using Soundflower? I am finding after installation that Soundflower does not show up in my applications (MAC)  Is there a better routing application for sending DAW to Jamkazam? Can anyone help with at least getting Soundflower to work?
for test purposes, I installed SoundFlower and It is recognized in JK. I'm on Sierra.
(04-30-2020, 10:11 PM)emcquaid Wrote: I posted this to the FB group JamKazam Jammers.  I hope it helps the Mac users with Logic.  Should be similar setup though for any DAW in MacOS.

Integrating your DAW with JamKazam in MacOS

ERIC MCQUAID·TUESDAY, APRIL 7, 2020·

Integrating a DAW is tricky. At least it was for me... You need a Virtual Interface like Soundflower, Soundsiphon, or Blackhole...  This should work for any internal source like a DAW, any internal audio like youtube or music from any player, etc...

You can test this by starting a solo session and recording your audio. If the recording has the DAW effects or internal audio, you're good to go ...  if not, you need to configure some additional software..

To get my gear working with Logic Pro X, I installed Blackhole on my mac and then I created an Aggregate Device under Audio MIDI Setup.

Here are some step-by-step instructions for MacOS.

Integrating a DAW with JamKazam in MacOS

In the Digital Audio Workstation(DAW) such as Logic Pro X(LPX) Preferences:
Input is your Audio Interface (AI),
Output to Blackhole,

In Audio MIDI Setup(this is a settings page in Mac.  To get there, I hit Command+Space and type audio midi setup and select it from there...):
Create an Aggregate Device(AD) with both of those.. I called my AD AgJam so I will never forget the purpose of this AD, but you can name this AD after your dog, your guitar or whatever.
Set your AI as the Clock Source and enable Drift Correction(DC) for each source besides the AI, so check DC for Blackhole.

In JamKazam(JK):
Your Audio Gear setup Inputs is Blackhole,
Output is Audio Interface.

Back in your DAW:
Finally, you start a short loop in Logic.  I have a a 4 bar loop, press spacebar and those 4 bars just repeat over and over.  This must be playing for the DAW to send audio to Blackhole.  I am novice in LPX, so if I have described this incorrectly or if there is another way to achieve this critical piece, please let me know.

** NB: You will not hear audio until you return to JK and join a session. **
Thank you to Benoît Lemonde who assisted me in getting my LPX configured and working with Jamkazam. I never could have done this without you Benoît.  My skillz just didn’t match this challenge!  Thank you, Benoît.

Hi. I followed these instructions to the letter, and JK is NOT seeing blackhole. It doesn't give me that possibility in my audio gear set; I only have the choice of my AI or nothing.
(07-05-2020, 04:32 PM)ICG Wrote: Is anyone using Soundflower? I am finding after installation that Soundflower does not show up in my applications (MAC)  Is there a better routing application for sending DAW to Jamkazam? Can anyone help with at least getting Soundflower to work?
Sound Flower will not show up in you Apps folder. You will know its active if you see it as a choice in the Audio MiDI set up.

I have Logic X running thru sound flower into JK . Im on High Sierra with Logic 10.4.8  Are you still struggling?  I see posts of users using only sound flower and monitoring thru JK. This is incorrect.

In your audio midi set up, create a multi output device (NOT AN AGGREGATE) Then check sound flower and your audio interface as outputs.

Then, in Logic's audio settings choose the MULTI-OUTPUT device for Logic's output and your sound device for the input.

Finally, Is JK set up the audio in as SOUNDFLOWER 2 channel and your audio device as the output.
I have been trying to figure out how to do this with Ableton Studio but nothing has worked so far. Anyone?
Photo 
I am using Logic as well and use LoopBack to get Logic in Jamkazam and it works.
In Logic I use my Audio Interface (Presonus AudioBox USB96) as input and JamKazam as output and it works!

But..

In Audio MIDI Setup(this is a settings page in Mac.  To get there, I hit Command+Space and type audio midi setup and select it from there...):
Create an Aggregate Device(AD) with both of those.. I called my AD AgJam so I will never forget the purpose of this AD, but you can name this AD after your dog, your guitar or whatever.
Set your AI as the Clock Source and enable Drift Correction(DC) for each source besides the AI, so check DC for Blackhole.

In JamKazam(JK):
Your Audio Gear setup Inputs is Blackhole,
Output is Audio Interface.

Why do I need to create an aggregate device as it is never used? In Logic and in JK I use the virtual device Jamkazam not the aggregated device I did create in the "Audio Midi Setup". I can choose the aggregated device (I named it "KazaMidi") in Logic.

[Image: midi.png]
Does anyone know how to map individual tracks in Logic Pro X to separate channels in Blackhole? I'm using 6 tracks and I'd like to map each one into a separate track in JamKazam.

thanks,
Rich