• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M-Audio Fast Track on Mac
(04-08-2020, 01:23 AM)Hi Marty,I attempted to use a Fast Track with my MacBook Pro and had terrible results. Lot of distortion and noise in mic channels, sounded almost overdriven but levels were quite normal on meters. Same thing when trying to use the M-audio with another recording application (Audio HiJack). Looking on the Avid M-Audio web pages for driver updates, I saw they unequivocally state that the FastTrack is not compatible with MacOS newer than (I believe it was ) 10.11. That cuts me out of the running under 10.13.6, and of course also Catalina if I ever try to go there. Also encountered extreme latency, of close to .5 sec. Useless. It appears that Avid has totally abandoned this product. My Zoom H6 recorder works pretty well with JamKazam, around 12.5 ms latency, and sounds excellent , despite my inability to perform network tests.  Wired ethernet is fine for me, WiFi, not so much. Wrote: -Videoterry

MartyHas anyone had success using an M-Audio Fast Track as an audio interface on a Mac?  I am on macOS Catalina 10.15.3.

I first tried routing my Mic and Guitar inputs through the Fast Track, then GarageBand, then Jamkazam.  I had to do some loop back type tricks with Soundflower, but I thought I set it up properly.  What I got out of Jamkazam was a huge delay (it felt like at least a second) in both the guitar and the Mic inputs.

I then tried going straight from the Fast Track into Jamkazam to rule out any added latency from Garageband or Soundflower, but I still had terrible delay results! 

Will the M-Audio Fast track work with Jamkazam on Mac, or do I need to buy a different interface?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Messages In This Thread
M-Audio Fast Track on Mac - by Marty - 04-08-2020, 01:23 AM
RE: M-Audio Fast Track on Mac - by AnneZw - 04-08-2020, 08:19 AM
RE: M-Audio Fast Track on Mac - by Marty - 04-08-2020, 11:33 PM
RE: M-Audio Fast Track on Mac - by videoterry - 04-09-2020, 12:57 AM
RE: M-Audio Fast Track on Mac - by Marty - 04-09-2020, 03:11 AM
RE: M-Audio Fast Track on Mac - by weez999 - 04-12-2020, 10:58 PM