• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac Client - no Audio need help!
Hello all, I registered here to get some advice.  i am unsure if it is user error or something greater with Macs and a recent update.  There are a few similar posts which makes me think it might be a software issue.

Anyways I just picked up a Behringer U-phoria UMC 0404HD.  It is a nice 4 channel Audio Interface.  Like everyone else, I am trying to get set up to practice remotely for my band rehearsals.  I am running a Macbook Pro, Catalina version 10.15.2.

I go through the set up as the videos instruct.  Jamkazam recognized my inputs and outputs as the UMC0404HD.  I even pass the hearing test on the next page.  However, I start a practice session and my tracks come up, but it does not show that it is processing a signal.

I started up Logic (DAW) and was able to hear every channel's input through that.  I see my audio interface is receiving signals due to its own lights and clipping devices.  But to no avail.  I cannot for the life of me get Jamkazam to work properly.    

What am I doing wrong?
(04-08-2020, 01:03 AM)Xuplummer Wrote: Hello all, I registered here to get some advice.  i am unsure if it is user error or something greater with Macs and a recent update.  There are a few similar posts which makes me think it might be a software issue.

Anyways I just picked up a Behringer U-phoria UMC 0404HD.  It is a nice 4 channel Audio Interface.  Like everyone else, I am trying to get set up to practice remotely for my band rehearsals.  I am running a Macbook Pro, Catalina version 10.15.2.

I go through the set up as the videos instruct.  Jamkazam recognized my inputs and outputs as the UMC0404HD.  I even pass the hearing test on the next page.  However, I start a practice session and my tracks come up, but it does not show that it is processing a signal.

I started up Logic (DAW) and was able to hear every channel's input through that.  I see my audio interface is receiving signals due to its own lights and clipping devices.  But to no avail.  I cannot for the life of me get Jamkazam to work properly.    

What am I doing wrong?

Hi, Xuplummer!  Given your description, I'm assuming that your input levels are set high enough.  On your interface, try turning the Mix knob all the way to PB (Playback) to turn off the direct monitoring and see if that helps.
Kevin
(04-08-2020, 01:13 AM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 01:03 AM)Xuplummer Wrote: Hello all, I registered here to get some advice.  i am unsure if it is user error or something greater with Macs and a recent update.  There are a few similar posts which makes me think it might be a software issue.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi, Xuplummer!  Given your description, I'm assuming that your input levels are set high enough.  On your interface, try turning the Mix knob all the way to PB (Playback) to turn off the direct monitoring and see if that helps.
Hi Kevin!  And thank you for your reply.  Yes, the input level for each is coming off the direct outputs of my Berhinger X32 sound board, so all signals are line level and each has been adjusted to a gain just under the clipping meter on my UMC 0404HD.  

Yes, the mix knob is all the way turned to PB.  What is weird is that I pass the audio test when setting up my audio interface.  This has to be user error, but the fact that I can get Logic to recognize this device and I can record m channels from it makes me think this might be a software issue... Jamkazam did push out an update yesterday.  

Please advise.

Dave
I am happy to report that I took the advice of others on this forum and it worked.  Even though I hook up to my Mac via USB from my audio interface, i still needed to allow the Microphone option on my Mac "access".  You do this by going to Security and Privacy.  Go to Privacy - select Microphone, then make sure Jamkazam is checked.... that's it!

Hope that helps someone.
(04-09-2020, 12:56 AM)Xuplummer Wrote: I am happy to report that I took the advice of others on this forum and it worked.  Even though I hook up to my Mac via USB from my audio interface, i still needed to allow the Microphone option on my Mac "access".  You do this by going to Security and Privacy.  Go to Privacy - select Microphone, then make sure Jamkazam is checked.... that's it!

Hope that helps someone.
thanks Mr Xuplummer that was very helpful. I had exactly that problem, no sound coming from my focusrite on. macbook pro. Allowing the jamkazam app to use the microphone fixed it. thanks 😊
Having similar problems with Jamkazam Mac update 1.0.3657 and also the latest PC version.    I had configured my interfaces,  Scarlett 2i2 and AudioBox USB.  Both devices worked fine in the previous versions.  

Now I can configure fine, except for it sees the interface inputs and outputs, but then I don't get any session inputs.  So when I started my session I don't see me in there.  

Cannot use the software any more.  This has to be a universal problem.   PC and MAC (forced) latest version are broken, where previous version were fine.  Nothing on my end was changed.
>>>
Me myself, and a lot of other people around the globe, use the program/app/service.
On both windows and mac. So, no, it is not a "universal problem".
I suggest you try to find your issues more locally.
(04-09-2020, 12:56 AM)Xuplummer Wrote: I am happy to report that I took the advice of others on this forum and it worked.  Even though I hook up to my Mac via USB from my audio interface, i still needed to allow the Microphone option on my Mac "access".  You do this by going to Security and Privacy.  Go to Privacy - select Microphone, then make sure Jamkazam is checked.... that's it!

Hope that helps someone.
I am having the same problem.  I'm getting levels on my interface and I passed the sound test, but getting no audio on playback.  I took your suggestion to give the mic access, but when I go to the privacy tab microphone is not there to be selected.  I'm running mac High Sierra and using Presonus RM16 unit.
(04-21-2020, 10:31 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: >>>
Me myself, and a lot of other people around the globe, use the program/app/service.
On both windows and mac. So, no, it is not a "universal problem".
I suggest you try to find your issues more locally.

I fear it is not that simple. Quite some people started to get issues after the last update that they didn't experience before.
That the problem is not "universal" doesn't mean, that the update isn't broken in some areas.
If we would be given the option to revert back to the earlier version of jkz we could easily find out, if the problems persist or not.
same problem.  works fined on my 2010 macbook, switched to imac 2015 and everything looks fine, computer receives audio in other apps, but no audio in jamkazam.;  my bars don't move.

(04-25-2020, 04:51 PM)karelr Wrote: same problem.  works fined on my 2010 macbook, switched to imac 2015 and everything looks fine, computer receives audio in other apps, but no audio in jamkazam.;  my bars don't move.