• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac Client - no Audio need help!
how to find that one switch that makes everything work!  thanks for the great advice about allowing the mac to use the mic for jamkazam.  perfect!!
I followed the instructions about going into Security/Privacy and see that the mic is already selected and I still don't get any sound.
I, too, am using a Macbook Pro i7 running Catalina and using the Behringer umc1820 AI.
(05-10-2020, 02:59 AM)roadrunrx Wrote: I followed the instructions about going into Security/Privacy and see that the mic is already selected and I still don't get any sound.
I, too, am using a Macbook Pro i7 running Catalina and using the Behringer umc1820 AI.
>>>
That really is not enough info to even start helping you.

There are so many things to be considered before looking at your OSX as the culprit.
Hey you guys running Catalina. Have you tried using a VST plugin yet. (Yes I am hijacking this post). I cant get any help. Every time I scan for new plugins with JK, it crashes on Catalina. Other friends on older Mac OSX are fine, but two others running Catalina are experiencing the same crash on plugin scan.. 

Anyone confirm?

-Drumah
(05-11-2020, 12:58 PM)Drumah Wrote: Hey you guys running Catalina. Have you tried using a VST plugin yet. (Yes I am hijacking this post). I cant get any help. Every time I scan for new plugins with JK, it crashes on Catalina. Other friends on older Mac OSX are fine, but two others running Catalina are experiencing the same crash on plugin scan.. 

Anyone confirm?

-Drumah
Drumah, I have a feeling that it has to do with the existing VST / AU plugins you have already installed....

for an experiment, try temporarily removing to a different folder the existing plugins, then re-scan... does it crash?
I have seen this happen with a friend who had TONS of plugins installed....
Then you can bring them back in groups to isolate which plugin might be the culprit.... I dont believe JamKazam supports 64 bit VST plugins...

HTH,
~JB
(05-11-2020, 12:58 PM)Drumah Wrote: Hey you guys running Catalina. Have you tried using a VST plugin yet. (Yes I am hijacking this post). I cant get any help. Every time I scan for new plugins with JK, it crashes on Catalina. Other friends on older Mac OSX are fine, but two others running Catalina are experiencing the same crash on plugin scan.. 

Anyone confirm?

-Drumah
>>>
Just tried. MBP latest Catalina. No issues finding and selecting plugins.
(05-11-2020, 03:24 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:

Anyone confirm?

-Drumah
>>>
BTW;
I as well have no issues finding and using VST plugins on Catalina on my MacBook Pro.
~JB
Well maybe onto something.. I have two buddies both cra$ng and both with pretty well stocked Pro Tools rigs (as is mine). It would nice if  JK showed the plugs as it was scanned, maybe I can see which one it is puking on.. managing the folders where it looks doesn't seem to do anything. I tried to just put one plugin in a desktop folder and told JK to scan that folder. It of course crashed and when I brought i back up there were some plugs populated, but not that one. So, I think it is scanning my machine and puking on some plug I have, but who knows which one..

BTW: I have another buddy with a huge Pro tools rig (waves, etc.) but running Sierra and he can scan no problem without cra$ng..

weird stuff
(05-11-2020, 03:43 PM)jbuecker Wrote:

Anyone confirm?

-Drumah
>>>
BTW;
I as well have no issues finding and using VST plugins on Catalina on my MacBook Pro.
~JB

Are you configuiring a specific folder to look into or just scanning your whole machine? Also, does JK support 64bit plugins or just 32?
(05-12-2020, 02:05 PM)Drumah Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 03:43 PM)jbuecker Wrote:

Anyone confirm?

-Drumah
>>>
BTW;
~JB

Are you configuiring a specific folder to look into or just scanning your whole machine? Also, does JK support 64bit plugins or just 32?

>>>

I just let it run, so whole disk.
32bit only (for now?)