• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No audio config, high latency errors *HELP*
To start, here is what I'm working with: 
Win 11, very capable PC, sufficient internet, Soundcraft Signature 16 mixer/interface with drivers installed.

Here are my settings when configured: 
Audio input is Soundcraft USB Audio ASIO, Audio Output same as device
Sample rate set to match, which is 48000hz, Frame size 2 seems to be the clearest with 4.83ms latency and I/O rate 500, var 0.23(both green)
Advance to set 5 to play test sound and there is a slight buzz or static at the end of the playback but the rest is clear(worse on any other frame size. I have had it completely clear before)
After completing setup and moving into a test session my audio is working and all in the green(vocals not as clean and clear as i have heard before, but working. Some tweeking is needed somewhere else still but maybe clear up when other issues get resolved)
If I use Audio Input Line WDM, and Output speakers WDM, Sample rate match, Frame size 5(low as i can go without terrible sound), latency is 10ms, I/O rate 200 Var 0(all green), I have the same test session results. When i close the program and open again, i dont get the same error messages but there is crazy echo in my vocals and my latency and frame size have increased to 40ms

When I first started using this mixer/interface with JKZ, it was working fine. Now every time I open it to use, I have to setup my audio gear each time because i get 2 error messages saying no audio configuration and high latency. The only way is to start over and add my gear in again fresh for it to work.

What am i missing?
What do i try next?
Is this a driver issue?
Do I use WDM or ASIO input?
Do I download and use ASIO4All instead of my interface driver?

HELP!
(01-26-2023, 04:23 PM)UnrealMetalTron Wrote: To start, here is what I'm working with: 
Win 11, very capable PC, sufficient internet, Soundcraft Signature 16 mixer/interface with drivers installed.

What am i missing?
What do i try next?
Is this a driver issue?
Do I use WDM or ASIO input?
Do I download and use ASIO4All instead of my interface driver?

HELP!
>>>
Hi, dedicated ASIO driver over WDM or ASIO4ALL, always.
4.83ms local gear latency is not bad at all and should be fine for working online if indeed your line is clean (low jitter)

De-activate all audio profiles in JKz and clear all configuration. If necessary (re-)install your interface ASIO driver and configure a fresh audio profile.
Don't pay too much attention to the way the test tone sounds, as long as it's audible. Fine tuning can be done after the initial install/config while in a (private-) session. Join an open session to see where you stand. Ask questions when the sessions allows for it. You'll find many helpful jammers.
> Tamacti Jun <