• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Updates in More Than a YEAR!
(01-20-2023, 05:03 PM)Sticks Wrote: I had the Support team helping me this week (January 16, 2023) with a minor issue, it was solved within 25 minutes.

Whoever posts in this forum that there is no support at JK, these people are wrong and not telling the truth. Bad!

>>>
Thank you Sticks and you are absolutely right!

The actual intended means of support by JamKazam are very much in place and active. So,
https://jamkazam.freshdesk.com/support/home

+ the email address on the bottom of every page on this forum and the support request link within the JamKazam app/program are there to help users with individual challenges. (Pls bear in mind that some support options are only available to users on specific payment plans. This can be found here: Level of support)

This forum is a JKz user community hangout, setup to communicate with & possibly help (and learn from) each other. Even if at times devs from JKz visit here, make announcements and answer the odd question, this forum is NOT an official support channel from JamKazam.

> Tamacti Jun <
I sometimes have received mail from JK support and sometimes I haven't.
So saying "there is nobody there" is indeed incorrect. Apologies for that. Blush

But...
Just when we were so happy about the Beta video feature, our rehearsal today was seriously crippled by a non-functioning video.
Both sides could only see themselves, but not the other. Huh
Curiously, the other side appeared as a black screen with just the name.
Though, in spite of both sides being in the Netherlands, we were located as "Texas". Strange.... Confused
All settings were identical to last time when all operated 100%
Today we had to resort to the old video feature, that invitably came with loud crackling. No fun. Cry
On closing down, I filled out the comments after clicking "thumbs down", so we'll see what happens.

Too bad as we finally had it all up and running 100% good.

Bruno
Too bad, sorry to hear that you had this experience.

I can only speak for myself, so my experience with JK and their support doesn't mean it will be the same for each user.
In all honesty, I had problems and issues at the beginning too.
But since a year or so I really don't have any issues anymore.
Once in a while I'm unable to join a session - log out- log in- and voila, it works just fine.
The loud crackling, yes, I remember that. I didn't hear that in a long time.
Usually it is caused by an improper setup on one session participants side. We had this many times with one specific musician.
As soon as he joined the session with video there was a very strong crackling and distortion in the audio.
Everybody could hear it, sure enough the blame was put on JK.
When said musician turned off his video the crackling was gone too.
I think it is safe to say that many issues with JK are solely caused by the users/incorrect setup.
We still play together on a regular basis, but no video.
The sound is good and we have fun.

Have a great week - keep jamming!
Stay safe!
Shocked 
I agree that improper set up is responsible for most problems. Been there, done that. Wink

But with the last issue I mentioned, set up remained the way it has been when all was running fine.

That is why I have no clue about what is going on.... Huh
I wish I could help you and your friends, but I can't.
Btw: my location is also displayed totally wrong.
Thank god this is not audible.
Stay safe!
(01-22-2023, 02:49 PM)B.J. van Hoek Wrote: "But...
Just when we were so happy about the Beta video feature, our rehearsal today was seriously crippled by a non-functioning video.
... .
Too bad as we finally had it all up and running 100% good."

>>>
Bruno, pls bear in mind that you are trying to use a "Beta" feature of the software.
This means it is not ready yet for general release/use and can contain bugs and unexpected/unwanted behaviour.
I just tried to use the Beta vid and this time for me it was functional (also showing 'Texas' as loc. on both ends) but I also have found it not to be at times.

If you absolutely have to have video with a JKz session, there are other means online to achieve this (just the vid function, also P2P, and free), to tie you over until the official JKz release is there. (I do not know of any timeframe for this, we just have to be patient I guess)
There is however never a guarantee that (online) simultaneous use of audio and video will not impair each other.
> Tamacti Jun <
I would be patient if this was a free for all platform.
But it isn't. For the money I expect it to deliver. Or at least giving insight in the progress made as well as setbacks preventing so.
So far we don't hear or see anything. Huh
Today was a thumbs down, like it was last week. But no reaction. Undecided 
Here's what I wrote today:

A few weeks ago, we had a couple (4~5) of times when using the Beta video that everything looked and sounded picture-perfect.

Alas, this is the second week the Beta feature didn't work, at least one direction only, so we were condemned to the old video.
Picture quality: 2.5 out of 5.
Sound, badly distorted because of crackle 1.5 out of 5, as where with the Beta video it was easily a 4.5 out of 5.
Please repair the Beta video a.s.a.p. !
Having witnessed now what is possible, the value for money is well below my liking.

I have no clue about P2P video, I'm an in-house sound engineer, internet video is a different skill set.
So please, enlighten me.... Confused
(08-20-2022, 07:36 PM)Tony Diamond Wrote: Seems there have been zero updates to the Jamkazam application since July 13, 2021, more than a year ago. There are still many things that don't work at all (broadcasting), don't work well (video streams), and the promised major updates to the streaming efficiencies that was supposed to happen when this switched to a paid subscription service. There are also still a lot of issues with drop-out and stability in a session periodically and certain people not able to hear each other randomly. 

Is this platform bow dead in terms of development? I'm still paying a subscription so I hope not, because that was the whole idea of the subscription switch - i.e. to finance actually further active DEVELOPMENT of this platform. Can someone from Jamkazam give us an update on where this platform stands at the moment, developmentally?

I have been in touch with the JK "Team" several times. I am always promised a "major update" coming soon. Nothing has shown up. I renewed for a year HOPING this was the real deal. Each time I log in, find no improvements and slow decline in the product, I feel more confident that this is turning into an all-promise scam. I hate it because I like this tool, but dammit, SOMETHING should be happening. More people need to bug them.

(01-21-2023, 11:27 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(01-20-2023, 05:03 PM)Sticks Wrote: I had the Support team helping me this week (January 16, 2023) with a minor issue, it was solved within 25 minutes.

Whoever posts in this forum that there is no support at JK, these people are wrong and not telling the truth. Bad!

>>>
Thank you Sticks and you are absolutely right!

The actual intended means of support by JamKazam are very much in place and active. So,
https://jamkazam.freshdesk.com/support/home

+ the email address on the bottom of every page on this forum and the support request link within the JamKazam app/program are there to help users with individual challenges. (Pls bear in mind that some support options are only available to users on specific payment plans. This can be found here: Level of support)

This forum is a JKz user community hangout, setup to communicate with & possibly help (and learn from) each other. Even if at times devs from JKz visit here, make announcements and answer the odd question, this forum is NOT an official support channel from JamKazam.

Sorry Dimitri, but that has not been my experience. They talk nice but nothing has improved that I have spoken with them about in over a year. As to being a liar, I am not and that is a bold proclamation on your part.
Larry
Bassman9952@gmail.com
Indeed, there seem to be two kind of experiences. ( Smile & Huh )

In my case I've seen both.
JK has been very helpful to me in the beginning, but by the time I had things up and running there was hardly any response.
About this crackle/video issue I have not gotten any answer at all.
Their support seems to have vanished into thin air. This is not badmouthing, it's just my own experience.

Considering myself above average patient, 18 months ignoring customer's problems proved too much to me as well.

My worst fear is that there is nobody left on the other side, except someone collecting subscription fees and that's it.
The best way of countering such speculations and bad press is sending regular newsletters with the state of things, even when things don't go as planned. That would greatly help me in keeping my patience.

It's such a shame that something so promising (remember, I've had picture perfect connections that were eerily close to a live rehearsal), is so neglecting to its customers by not communicating at all.

Who will tell me what's really going on?
(01-26-2023, 12:18 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(01-22-2023, 02:49 PM)B.J. van Hoek Wrote: "But...
... .
Too bad as we finally had it all up and running 100% good."

>>>
Bruno, pls bear in mind that you are trying to use a "Beta" feature of the software.
This means it is not ready yet for general release/use and can contain bugs and unexpected/unwanted behaviour.
I just tried to use the Beta vid and this time for me it was functional (also showing 'Texas' as loc. on both ends) but I also have found it not to be at times.

If you absolutely have to have video with a JKz session, there are other means online to achieve this (just the vid function, also P2P, and free), to tie you over until the official JKz release is there. (I do not know of any timeframe for this, we just have to be patient I guess)
There is however never a guarantee that (online) simultaneous use of audio and video will not impair each other.

Yes, it's a BETA. That's kind of the point. How long has it been BETA? How long will it remain BETA before it is truly available and reliable?

When will Recording return to some shadow of functional? More than a year ago I made a wonderful recording. Now it won't even reliably START, much less actually produce a useful recording. I sense a drifting backward here.

Support always replies. They are nice and they try to help. They just don't have any answers or progress.

And while personal setup maybe a problem in some cases, how do we get help to FIX that issue instead of just blaming it on the user?

And where is that long promised all-powerful official release I've heard about for months?

(10-26-2022, 10:00 PM)Sticks Wrote: Hello,

The JK support works great for me. If I'm not happy with something I just click on the on the red 'Thumbs down' after a session. I always get an email from support very quick, usually the next day. These responses from JK Support are not automated, they are from real people. They helped me out a few times over the past 2 years and now my JK is configured well and JK performs splendid. Changing the Video settings (when setting up a session) from 'Standard' to 'Beta' gets rid of the crackling noise, which many people describe in this Forum. I had the same issue. Now the crackling is gone and we always have the camera's running. Sometimes our sessions have 6 or more people and take up to 3 hours. No crackling, acceptable latency, great video.
Some of the players are 2500 miles away!

I don't have one reason to complain about anything on JK.
It didn't work well when I started, but the Support team always helped me setting things up the right way.
Main reason for my good experience is that I took the lead by rating a session with Thumbs Down.
I don't want an update, I don't need an update.

I guess I'm the lucky one in this Forum!

Good for you, Sticks! Yes, I guess you are the lucky one.

I cannot recall EVER receiving an unsolicitated response to a thumbs down at the end of a session. I have to reach out to Support. They do reply, but never very much to offer except a "planned" update in a few months. Maybe I complain too much and they don't like it.

Saying I am wrong and not telling the truth is a step you should not take. Bad!
Larry
Bassman9952@gmail.com