• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Updates in More Than a YEAR!
Hello Larry, you are right. Sorry for my immature step.
I can only talk for myself and not for others.

If someone has the feeling that I stepped on their toes, I am sorry.
That was not my intend.
Stay safe!
No worries about 'stepping on toes', we're all just reporting our personal experiences and that is good.

Now for some good news (we don't know whether this will last, but...) in a very long time.
Today, for the first time in,  roughly, 4 months we had a 2 way video connection through Beta and it held for over 1.5 hrs.
Of course soundquality was OK  again without any crackling.
We had a good rehearsal, I could turn up my headphones as I wasn't deafened by the crackle, so I could hear my self a lot better in the mix.
This made our pre-festival practice a real pleasure....

Since I haven't changed anything over here and neither transmission parameters are different, the only option would be that JK worked better.
I'm extremely curious why......

These past weeks we've had our Friday's rehearsals and the Beta video feature always worked well.
As a result the sound quality was more than adequate too for rehearsal purposes ( that's what we got it for in the first place....)
So far so good.
Leaving me curious who repaired exactly what on the video feature...?
It is true; we are working on a major update. It's been an unexpectedly difficult update and we are admittedly way behind schedule from where we thought we would be. But progress is underway and we are getting close to having something we can share.
Thumbs Up 
(06-25-2023, 09:28 PM)Jamkazam Wrote: It is true; we are working on a major update. It's been an unexpectedly difficult update and we are admittedly way behind schedule from where we thought we would be.  But progress is underway and we are getting close to having something we can share.

Well, since my grief seemed to have come to an end, you won't be hearing me complaining.  Big Grin On the contrary, but at the same time, don't fix what ain't broken.... Rolleyes

Still, I'd like to hear what caused the improvement that I experienced....

And... which issues this upcoming update is supposed to address.
(06-26-2023, 07:15 PM)B.J. van Hoek Wrote:
(06-25-2023, 09:28 PM)Jamkazam Wrote: It is true; we are working on a major update. It's been an unexpectedly difficult update and we are admittedly way behind schedule from where we thought we would be.  But progress is underway and we are getting close to having something we can share.

Well, since my grief seemed to have come to an end, you won't be hearing me complaining.  Big Grin On the contrary, but at the same time, don't fix what ain't broken.... Rolleyes

Still, I'd like to hear what caused the improvement that I experienced....

And... which issues this upcoming update is supposed to address.

The beta video feature won't go away.  It will be the only way video works actually with the new update. Doing video *in the client*, as we do today, while neat/convenient in theory, is a huge problem on Macs.

As to why it worked better for you recently?  I'm not sure :grimace: But since it will be our main video mechanism going forward we will continue to invest in it and we are sure it will work well in the future, even if there have been blips historically.
I think I stumbled across this topic whilst trying to organise how I create an MP4 recording with 2 people in their panes which I need to do in order to demonstrate the sort of thing we will do at an intended gig in the summer to the club proprietor. I had done audio recording where the 'Back At JamKazam Base' synchronised multi-person audio is put together in high quality (as well as individual audio) and my preconception would be that there would be a similar 'Back At Base' video. However I only have the video made locally from my experience at the time (a test with just me performing). So, I'd intend to import the high quality synchronised sound as the sound channel for the MP4 of my local experience and try that with manual synchronisation of audio to video. But as I write I realise that if there is a disagreement between the two, I'll be left with the audio I experienced (i.e. the MP4 I get filed in the JamKazam > Videos Folder).
I'd appreciate a steer if I'm missing something since the quite old information I'm getting on this topic, in advance of any mega-update which will bring video into the same logic as audio. Information on any intended update as regards content and timing would be very useful also.