• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac issues
All of a sudden, after over a year of very successful jamming I haven’t been able to get on at all tonight. As some others users have experienced in the past, JK starts up but then when I go into a session it crashes after 10-20 seconds. 

I did add AmpliTube 5 as a plug in a few days ago but that all worked fine and there was a macOS update I ran yesterday and that is the only other thing that has changed.  

I decided to stay out of sessions and deleted my audio set up to try and start again. I’m running a MOTO M2 and I can add my bass on channel 1 but as soon as I try to add the mic on channel 2 it crashes.  The MOTU works fine with other applications so it does seem to be just JK. 

Is anyone else experiencing new issues?

My current OS is Catalina v10.15.7

Thx
(02-01-2022, 08:18 PM)Cobbyco Wrote: All of a sudden, after over a year of very successful jamming I haven’t been able to get on at all tonight. As some others users have experienced in the past, JK starts up but then when I go into a session it crashes after 10-20 seconds. 

I did add AmpliTube 5 as a plug in a few days ago but that all worked fine and there was a macOS update I ran yesterday and that is the only other thing that has changed.  

I decided to stay out of sessions and deleted my audio set up to try and start again. I’m running a MOTO M2 and I can add my bass on channel 1 but as soon as I try to add the mic on channel 2 it crashes.  The MOTU works fine with other applications so it does seem to be just JK. 

Is anyone else experiencing new issues?

My current OS is Catalina v10.15.7

Thx

>>>
Hi, sorry to hear of your issue. I'll try to pick up on that.

In the Manage menu from JKz, please click 'Support > Delete Audio Configuration'.
Also 'Support >  Delete ALL Configuration'. (being thorough has paid off)
From your mac, remove any driver- a/o control panel software from your sound card(s)
No need to uninstall JKz. Now reboot. Attach/install your sound card (M2) as per the user manual.
Now start JKz and configure your 'Gear' like it was your first time use.

Hopefully you can now enjoy jamming again.
> Tamacti Jun <
Hi, I’ve done all that and it works for me by myself. Will try a session later today but looks like that clear out has fixed it.

Thank you!!
(02-02-2022, 01:01 PM)Cobbyco Wrote: Hi, I’ve done all that and it works for me by myself. Will try a session later today but looks like that clear out has fixed it.

Thank you!!

Just tried and same issue.  It's fine until I join a session and then crashes after about 10 - 2- seconds

Does anyone have any ideas?
After some helpful thoughts from the support team we seem to have identified the issue as my recently installed Amplitube 5.

It’s disappointing as that software wasn’t cheap and I was enjoying using it. I may start another thread to see if anyone has found a way round it - but I will check if there is already a post there.

The main thing is that I am hopefully up and running again on Jamkazam!!
(02-07-2022, 09:02 PM)Cobbyco Wrote: After some helpful thoughts from the support team we seem to have identified the issue as my recently installed Amplitube 5.

It’s disappointing as that software wasn’t  cheap and I was enjoying using it. I may start another thread to see if anyone has found a way round it - but I will check if there is already a post there.

The main thing is that I am hopefully up and running again on Jamkazam!!

>>>
Good to have you back up jamming.

Indeed shame about the plugin, hope there's a workaround.

Thanks for reporting back.
> Tamacti Jun <