• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on 4G LTE connection
Any thoughts on when the router configuration page will be up?

I am new and am using a wireless connection - can't get around it. I live in the boonies and am on a 4G LTE service provider. I know the IP is dynamic so I wonder if that has anything to do with the issue (so I wonder if subscribing to a static VPN would help).

My guitarist and I connect in a session and he gets a message that he is not receive audio packets and I get a notice that he is not receiving audio from me. I hear myself and the meters register audio input.

I conference from this same computer using the same net connection. I love the idea of Jam Kazam. I would love any help getting this running! I do receive the attached message on start up as well. Was wondering if it could be translated into something actionable for me. Thank you guys!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

As far as I know, 4G is using „shared“ IPv4 Pools for the external Adress. So there is no unique public IP at 4G.

Yet the support only dropped that „public-IP-thing“ to the forum but did‘nt describe what that exactly means or why it is designed this way.

Björn
Thanks Bezel - I think I missed that thread. I will hunt it down and see what it says. Based on your response it doesn't sound like it will be awesome.
Hi,
I don't think that dynamic IP address is the problem as most of us have a dynamic IP address even on fibre/cable/xDSL.
I think the possible cause for not receiving audio is your LTE router does not accept UPNP port forwarding then you have to set the port forwading manually as explained in the Manage menu -> Networking -> Configure Port Preferences.
Default is forward ports 12000-12010 to your computer's IP address.

Be aware also that enven if you succeed to open the right port in your router, the latency of LTE connexion with certainly be too high.