• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 audio latency stumped
Quick background, I am a computer tech with ZERO knowledge or background in music PERIOD. I have 2 friends trying to setup to rehearse for an upcoming gig. They live about 3.5 hrs apart and have been trying all summer to find a way to rehearse without the drive.  They found and purchased two Motu M4s one for each person and have had me setup/install both individuals setups.  One musician has a late model MBP that seemed to setup and has been working sounding great locally and seems to have great stats.  So hes been hosting the sessions.  The other musician has a later model HP notebook with decent specs.  Both Motu M4s are connected to their machines via USB-C to C and both are connected to wired network running an average of 150mb down and 10mb up (speedtest.net)  The Windows setup seems to have a higher jitter rate or audio latency for some reason.  Ive installed the driver, when setting up his gear...I've unchecked the 4 loopback and selected the Motu M ASIO for input and "same as input" for output.  Using the default 48,000 sample and buffer of 16. At step 5 of the wizard, when you test playback....and make sure direct monitoring is turned off,the playback its staticy and cracking he tells me...

There are no other programs running besides jamkazam. Can someone point me in the right direction to resolve?

His only input is a channel 1 mic, and then headphones for playback.

Thanks Chris
(08-27-2021, 07:05 PM)winty03 Wrote: Quick background, I am a computer tech with ZERO knowledge or background in music PERIOD.  I have 2 friends trying to setup to rehearse for an upcoming gig. They live about 3.5 hrs apart and have been trying all summer to find a way to rehearse without the drive.  They found and purchased two Motu M4s one for each person and have had me setup/install both individuals setups.  One musician has a late model MBP that seemed to setup and has been working sounding great locally and seems to have great stats.  So hes been hosting the sessions.  The other musician has a later model HP notebook with decent specs.  Both Motu M4s are connected to their machines via USB-C to C and both are connected to wired network running an average of 150mb down and 10mb up (speedtest.net)  The Windows setup seems to have a higher jitter rate or audio latency for some reason.  Ive installed the driver, when setting up his gear...I've unchecked the 4 loopback and selected the Motu M ASIO for input and "same as input" for output.  Using the default 48,000 sample and buffer of 16.  At step 5 of the wizard, when you test playback....and make sure direct monitoring is turned off,the playback  its staticy and cracking he tells me...

There are no other programs running besides jamkazam. Can someone point me in the right direction to resolve?

His only input is a channel 1 mic, and then headphones for playback.

Thanks Chris
Is his Audio Framesize set to 2.5?  If not, try it to see if static disappears.