• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Problems with software update from today
Prior to jamming with my friend from Portugal here in Boston, MA, we both downloaded the new software update from Jam Kazam today. However, we both experienced problems that we never have had previously. It kept freezing on us, even after rebooting the software and the computers. Also for my friend, it stated I was on Jamkazam in a session when I really was off it rebooting my system. Could an admin/tech person please rectify the update, considering we both are paid, monthly subscribers? Anyone else having the same problems as us? Thank you.
(06-17-2021, 06:42 PM)seltaeb65 Wrote: Prior to jamming with my friend from Portugal here in Boston, MA, we both downloaded the new software update from Jam Kazam today. However, we both experienced problems that we never have had previously. It kept freezing on us, even after rebooting the software and the computers. Also for my friend, it stated I was on Jamkazam in a session when I really was off it rebooting my system. Could an admin/tech person please rectify the update, considering we both are paid, monthly subscribers? Anyone else having the same problems as us? Thank you.
Hi there,

I'm sorry to read that your systems rebooted, but I have to report about similar problems here since the June 16th update. In our case, both partners are in Germany at 500 km distance. Since initial problems in November last year, JamKazam worked stable for us. After the last update, the client on my side started to freeze suddenly, in particular when entering a session. The client on the other side froze when inviting me - shortly after my connection showed up there, the client died repeatedly. It did not matter who started the session, the other side just crashed while mine remaind "stable". On both sides, operating system (Windows 10, rather recent, Behringer Uphoria UMC22/UMC202HD) was not updated between the two sessions. We also tried it with a Windows update on one side, the problems persisted.

Although it appears to us that the last update caused the problems, one can never say this from outside, but we hope that a careful code review of the new changes can lead to a solution soon.
My problems were resolved by deleting/recreating my audio gear profile. I'm on a Mac Mini / Big Sur / MOTU 828es interface.

My partner, running a Surface / Windows 10 / Focusrite interface, did not have any issues with the update
(06-23-2021, 06:44 AM)holger.eichelberger Wrote:
(06-17-2021, 06:42 PM)seltaeb65 Wrote: Prior to jamming with my friend from Portugal here in Boston, MA, we both downloaded the new software update from Jam Kazam today. However, we both experienced problems that we never have had previously. It kept freezing on us, even after rebooting the software and the computers. Also for my friend, it stated I was on Jamkazam in a session when I really was off it rebooting my system. Could an admin/tech person please rectify the update, considering we both are paid, monthly subscribers? Anyone else having the same problems as us? Thank you.
Hi there,

I'm sorry to read that your systems rebooted, but I have to report about similar problems here since the June 16th update. In our case, both partners are in Germany at 500 km distance. Since initial problems in November last year, JamKazam worked stable for us. After the last update, the client on my side started to freeze suddenly, in particular when entering a session. The client on the other side froze when inviting me - shortly after my connection showed up there, the client died repeatedly. It did not matter who started the session, the other side just crashed while mine remaind "stable". On both sides, operating system (Windows 10, rather recent, Behringer Uphoria UMC22/UMC202HD) was not updated between the two sessions. We also tried it with a Windows update on one side, the problems persisted.

Although it appears to us that the last update caused the problems, one can never say this from outside, but we hope that a careful code review of the new changes can lead to a solution soon.

Update... we tried it locally with two different compute devices/audio devices. While creating the audio configuration for the second device, JamKazam crashed (crash report sent) - somehow input/output channels selection blocked. After that one was working, it crashed on our normal laptop (crash report sent). However, then both devices worked in a trial session and also our usual session worked without further problems  Smile . The issue might be solved, e.g., if there were server or whatever infrastructure updates, but the crashes cannot be considered as "normal" Wink ...