• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Many crashes and freezes. Help Desk inop.
BTW, before I get into this, the Help Desk page appears to be broken. It reports "Captcha verification failed, try again!". I tried half a dozen times on two computers with no luck.

I am a Platinum subscriber and have used Jamkazam successfully for over a year but now am unable to get it to run. Over the last 3 weeks I've tried to run Jamkazam on 3 computers, all of which run the latest version of Windows 10. The symptoms are always the same. The program either crashes within a minute or so of starting, or it freezes and I have to shut it down with the Task Manager. I have tried three hardware configurations: 1) An audio interface which is a mixer (Yamaha MG10XU). I used this mixer successfully for months before this problem occurred; 2) Headphones and an external condenser mic; 3) Headphones and the built in computer mic. 

My main computer is an HP Envy laptop with Intel® Core™ i7-6560U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz and 16Gb ram. I have a 2Tb SSD as my main drive. My wife's computer is also and i7. It runs at 280GHz and also has 16Gb ram. It has a 2Tb hard drive. The 3rd is an older HP Pavilion with an i5 processor at 1.7GHz and 8Gb ram and a hard drive.

I've noticed three JK message banners which began to appear about 2 updates ago (two to three weeks ago): One indicates that the Connection Server setup is 1.43% complete(?), the 2nd indicates that the connection server is migrating, and the 3rd indicates that the Connection server is setup. I have attached a MS Word file with screen shots of the first two messages.

I have two sources of internet. The faster source is via a cable modem and I get speeds of about 250-400 Mbps download and at least 18 Mbps upload. There is no hardware between the cable modem and the computer (I have a hub and a router, but I took them both out of service to eliminate them as possible culprits), just the Cat 5 cable. JK crashes or freezes regularly and quickly when using this service. The other source of internet is via DSL on the copper phone line and it is slow at about 2 Mbps download and less than 1 Mbps upload. Jamkazam didn't crash or freeze with this source, but it was too slow with intermittent sound to be useful. 

I am aware that the common element when experiencing crashes with all three computers was the cable modem, however Spectrum ran remote tests on that modem and it passed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Cliff Montgomery
(06-12-2021, 04:27 AM)Cliff Montgomery Wrote: BTW, before I get into this, the Help Desk page appears to be broken. It reports "Captcha verification failed, try again!". I tried half a dozen times on two computers with no luck.

I am a Platinum subscriber and have used Jamkazam successfully for over a year but now am unable to get it to run. Over the last 3 weeks I've tried to run Jamkazam on 3 computers, all of which run the latest version of Windows 10. The symptoms are always the same. The program either crashes within a minute or so of starting, or it freezes and I have to shut it down with the Task Manager. I have tried three hardware configurations: 1) An audio interface which is a mixer (Yamaha MG10XU). I used this mixer successfully for months before this problem occurred; 2) Headphones and an external condenser mic; 3) Headphones and the built in computer mic. 

My main computer is an HP Envy laptop with Intel® Core™ i7-6560U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz and 16Gb ram. I have a 2Tb SSD as my main drive. My wife's computer is also and i7. It runs at 280GHz and also has 16Gb ram. It has a 2Tb hard drive. The 3rd is an older HP Pavilion with an i5 processor at 1.7GHz and 8Gb ram and a hard drive.

I've noticed three JK message banners which began to appear about 2 updates ago (two to three weeks ago): One indicates that the Connection Server setup is 1.43% complete(?), the 2nd indicates that the connection server is migrating, and the 3rd indicates that the Connection server is setup. I have attached a MS Word file with screen shots of the first two messages.

I have two sources of internet. The faster source is via a cable modem and I get speeds of about 250-400 Mbps download and at least 18 Mbps upload. There is no hardware between the cable modem and the computer (I have a hub and a router, but I took them both out of service to eliminate them as possible culprits), just the Cat 5 cable. JK crashes or freezes regularly and quickly when using this service. The other source of internet is via DSL on the copper phone line and it is slow at about 2 Mbps download and less than 1 Mbps upload. Jamkazam didn't crash or freeze with this source, but it was too slow with intermittent sound to be useful. 

I am aware that the common element when experiencing crashes with all three computers was the cable modem, however Spectrum ran remote tests on that modem and it passed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Cliff Montgomery

>>>
Hi Cliff, sorry to hear you're struggling.
That helpdesk error shouldn't happen and is frustrating. Did you also try that via your DSL/copper link?

For the Spectrum link modem/router do you allow for UDP traffic, either via port forwarding or UPnP? Do you have a 'real' IPv4 public address? (no tunneling through IPv6, 'DS-Lite')
> Tamacti Jun <