• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
App freezing and cra$ng on Windows 10
I just installed JK 2.0 on this Windows 10 machine, and unfortunately the app either freezes or exits suddenly a few minutes after starting. This has happened all 4 times I've tried to run JK. The install was done from jamkazam.com/downloads, and before it freezes, the app says it's v2.0 but how can I be sure it includes the May 19th update?

So this time I uninstalled JK completely, then reinstalled it. The About screen says it's 2.0 - 1.0.4031 and the .exe date is 5/20/21, so I'm assuming that's the May 19th update. Unfortunately I can't get JK to staying running, it keeps exiting suddenly. I did manage to get a crash report screen the first time, so you should be receiving my crash report.
I’m having exactly the same problem on two different Win10 systems. JK freezes soon after loading. The only way to shut it down is via task manager. It was working fine pre update.
(05-23-2021, 05:20 PM)tonemaul Wrote: I just installed JK 2.0 on this Windows 10 machine, and unfortunately the app either freezes or exits suddenly a few minutes after starting. This has happened all 4 times I've tried to run JK. The install was done from jamkazam.com/downloads, and before it freezes, the app says it's v2.0 but how can I be sure it includes the May 19th update?

So this time I uninstalled JK completely, then reinstalled it. The About screen says it's 2.0 - 1.0.4031 and the .exe date is 5/20/21, so I'm assuming that's the May 19th update. Unfortunately I can't get JK to staying running, it keeps exiting suddenly. I did manage to get a crash report screen the first time, so you should be receiving my crash report.

How is it? did you found out how to fix it?
Still having the same freezing issue here. Also submitted a crash report the one time the app crashed while loading.
(05-29-2021, 08:29 PM)gtrshow Wrote: Still having the same freezing issue here. Also submitted a crash report the one time the app crashed while loading.

I had this issue too just now while reinstalling on a backup machine (my usual machine has a different issue), and I was having the same issues til I disabled my antivirus (AVG free version).  I am not crazy about that if it's the fix, but it is now stable.
Hi,

I'm having a similar issue with the latest update running on a Windows 7 machine. A decent one though.

When I start up the app it takes a while longer than the previous versions, then finally the boxes load up their artwork and I get a message in the tray saying "media relay server connected" and then the app freezes grey, and crashes out.

The last version of the app worked totally fine for me so I imagine this is a major bug. I tried reinstalling and turning off the antivirus but found no joy. I even reinstalled the older version but it makes this update mandatory, so I can't use it.

Has anyone found any workarounds for this issue or do I have to hope that the next update sorts it out and comes around soon? Cause that sucks.
(06-16-2021, 06:30 PM)merrygold85 Wrote: Hi,

I'm having a similar issue with the latest update running on a Windows 7 machine. A decent one though.

When I start up the app it takes a while longer than the previous versions, then finally the boxes load up their artwork and I get a message in the tray saying "media relay server connected" and then the app freezes grey, and crashes out.

The last version of the app worked totally fine for me so I imagine this is a major bug. I tried reinstalling and turning off the antivirus but found no joy. I even reinstalled the older version but it makes this update mandatory, so I can't use it.

Has anyone found any workarounds for this issue or do I have to hope that the next update sorts it out and comes around soon? Cause that sucks.

>>>
Hi, do you have a subscription?
If so, before signing up, did you read the 'system requirements'?. For Windows it states "A computer running Windows 10".
Although it might work, and apparently it did for you before (and I know of people running it on W8 successfully), newer versions of JKz could supersede the compatibility with an older OS. I'm not saying that this is the case right now or that it won't get fixed, I have no say in that whatsoever, but going by the sysreqs the devs don't seem to have an obligation towards keeping JKz running on a Windows older than 10.
Maybe there are more W7 users that can chime in with either a solution or a confirmation of your situation.

I'm on latest W10 and have the odd freeze/crash on the current version as well. But mostly it runs just fine.
> Tamacti Jun <
(06-16-2021, 06:58 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: Hi, do you have a subscription?
If so, before signing up, did you read the 'system requirements'?. For Windows it states "A computer running Windows 10".
Although it might work, and apparently it did for you before (and I know of people running it on W8 successfully), newer versions of JKz could supersede the compatibility with an older OS. I'm not saying that this is the case right now or that it won't get fixed, I have no say in that whatsoever, but going by the sysreqs the devs don't seem to have an obligation towards keeping JKz running on a Windows older than 10.
Maybe there are more W7 users that can chime in with either a solution or a confirmation of your situation.

I'm on latest W10 and have the odd freeze/crash on the current version as well. But mostly it runs just fine.

Hi,

Yes I have a subscription.

No, I did not see that requirement you refer to but on this page I see that it states that it supports Windows 7,8 and 10 as long as they are 64 bit, which mine is.

Cheers
Hi,

Yes I have a subscription.

No, I did not see that requirement you refer to but on this page I see that it states that it supports Windows 7,8 and 10 as long as they are 64 bit, which mine is.

Cheers

>>>
That is confusing at least.
Did you file for support?
> Tamacti Jun <
(06-17-2021, 12:35 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: >>>
That is confusing at least.
Did you file for support?

Hi,

My subscription level isn't high enough to receive official support apparently. I reckon I'll just have to cancel. It's fairly ridiculous to not get any support for a product you're paying for.  

Cheers anyway