• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bug report - Upright Bass selection does not work
Guys,

This isn't a new feature - it's a bug report.  Is there a better place for this than this forum?

Another double bass player and myself both found that when selected "Upright Bass" as our instrument that it doesn't work.  You basically lose your ability to create a live track.  I noticed that the instrument icon changes for other instruments, but not for "Upright Bass".  After you select "Upright Bass" and click "Close", the icon remains a Musical Note.  Then, if you go to Session and choose solo session, nothing happens.

I don't know if this issue exists for other instruments as well, but ironically, two of us ran into this problem the past week. 

My workaround was to select "Electric Bass" as my instrument.  Now everything works fine.

Scott
Thanks for the information
(04-22-2020, 04:46 PM)tocnaza Wrote: Thanks Scott!

You're welcome.  I wish I had put something a little more explicit in the title of this thread.  I hope somehow the search feature will help people find it.  It's also posted in a couple of other places in the audio forum where two of us were both tearing our hair out.

Scott
(04-24-2020, 12:23 AM)Scott_Graham Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 04:46 PM)tocnaza Wrote: Thanks Scott!

You're welcome.  I wish I had put something a little more explicit in the title of this thread.  I hope somehow the search feature will help people find it.  It's also posted in a couple of other places in the audio forum where two of us were both tearing our hair out.

Scott

Thanks Scott for reporting this. We will push out a fix for this tonight on May 12th.

When you see Double Bass replace Upright Bass in the audio gear wizard, you know the change is in effect.
Thank you!!

It works - now identifying myself as a double bassist instead of electric bassist (nothing against electric bass...I play that too, but I mostly play double bass these days), and I have a live track!

Scott