• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
JK is getting worse and worse since upgrade plan
me and my band had these exact same problem that mentioned. This is getting difficult for us to do weekly jams.
This appears to be a word-for-word reprint of part of the first message in this thread. Why is this showing up as new now?
Larry
Bassman9952@gmail.com
(06-11-2021, 10:01 PM)lconway Wrote: This appears to be a word-for-word reprint of part of the first message in this thread. Why is this showing up as new now?

>>>
Spammer.
Gone now.
> Tamacti Jun <
(05-23-2021, 06:42 PM)lconway Wrote: This might be tacky on this forum, but what "other platform?" If this one can't deliver, all is fair in my opinion.

Sonobus (Sonobus.net) Free. Use Google Meet for video (if you need). It's the least taxing, good sync.

set up

default send quality - PCM 24bit
default Jitter buffer - set to 1ms (it will adjust up from there). Then set to 'Auto' (can also try 'Auto Up')
auto adjust drop threshold - start with 2 or 3 sec

Audio - ASIO 48000khz (128 to 256 samples audio buffer size)

Use it on your DAW masterbus (sonobus vst) or use the stand alone app.
Great results, lots of features, useable.
(09-09-2022, 07:20 AM)B3JoeD Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 06:42 PM)lconway Wrote: This might be tacky on this forum, but what "other platform?" If this one can't deliver, all is fair in my opinion.

Sonobus (Sonobus.net) Free. Use Google Meet for video (if you need). It's the least taxing, good sync.

set up

default send quality - PCM 24bit
default Jitter buffer - set to 1ms (it will adjust up from there). Then set to 'Auto' (can also try 'Auto Up')
auto adjust drop threshold - start with 2 or 3 sec

Audio - ASIO 48000khz (128 to 256 samples audio buffer size)

Use it on your DAW masterbus (sonobus vst) or use the stand alone app.
Great results, lots of features, useable.

How many players do you have in a session typically using Sonobus? We have 5 players and wondering if it could handle that. We are all within 25 miles of each other.
Hello,

I feel like an alien amongst all these negative comments about JK in this Forum.
JK works great for me. If I'm not happy with something I just click on the on the red 'Thumbs down' after a session. I always get an email from support very quick, usually the next day. These responses from JK Support are not automated, they are from real people. They helped me out a few times over the past 2 years and now my JK and gear is configured well and JK performs splendid.
Having the Video Format set to 'Beta' instead 'Standard' makes a huge difference, just as an example.
Sometimes our sessions have 6 or more players and take up to 3 hours. No crackling, acceptable latency, great video.
Some of the players are 2500 miles away (one way)!

Once in a while a new player is joining a session and the crackling starts. We know right away that the players settings are not correct. We ask him/ her to please leave the session for said reason. The crackling disappears with the player.

I/ we don't have one reason to complain about anything on JK.
It didn't work well when I started, but the Support team always helped me setting things up the right way.
Main reason for my good experience is that I took the lead by rating a session with Thumbs Down.
Stay safe!