• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
JK is getting worse and worse since upgrade plan
(05-19-2021, 01:35 PM)UPC04539 Wrote: As far as distortion goes, I have been playing with the Audio mixer and figured a few things out there.  If everybody puts out a clean signal on their end and make sure they are not clipping, it's a start.
Then there is compression/make-up gain to play with on each track but also on the master track (setting the master track right is important too. I had all nice signals on individual tracks but the master was clipping with the addition of everybody).
I personally send the master mix in Reaper where I add compression and reverb for my taste.  I experimented with plugins in Jamkazam but it is not very user friendly at the moment.

As far as latency goes, there as so many factors that comes into play.  But I can say that I have been playing with my band (5 members) and it went all smoothly.  Sometimes during a practice we may have to "resync" but overall it was pretty good.  I have also been playing with people in USA/Costa Rica and went pretty well (I am from Canada).  We were all on an internet speed between 100 and 400mb/s.

The latest update may show promise in improving things too with a fresh install.
I'm not sure how you can possibly play together over those long physical distances without significant latency, especially if you're using a drummer. We couldn't get it to work reliably and we're all in the same state with most of us only 12 miles apart. The bottom line is that the existing Internet infrastructure was never built to minimize latency only to provide connectivity and then later, increased bandwidth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: JK is getting worse and worse since upgrade plan - by StuartR - 05-19-2021, 03:23 PM