• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermittent errors, especially after latest update
On Tuesday April 14, JK froze with a reconnect to server error. The program would not completely load afterward. On Wed. there was an update. I could join sessions, but could not see friends and could not start sessions. I received an instruction from help desk to add a line the the client.ini file — didn’t help. The last two days I get frequent interruptions (3 times in a 1 1/2 session) where I freeze. I have to leave the session and comeback. These interruptions seem to be preceded by error messages that I’m assuming are BS for the following reasons.
There is a message about re-enabling video — I never use this feature and the built in camera is never on.
Then there is something about “an inappropriate sample rate (32000) with my audio gear” — I have never changed, altered or fuddled with this and it’s an actual physical switch on my Zoom L12.
This computer and interface have been working well for months.
Finally, I’m not finding “help desk” to be very helpful, primarily because their response times are more than 3 hours. The latest email, which was my response to a request by them, was sent almost 24 hours ago and there has been no response.
I had issues after the last update, which required me to kill JK client several times (I run Mac, I assume you do as well because AFAIK the update was Mac only).

I deleted my audio profile, rebooted, and re-created it. All the problems stopped after that.

The only downside I'm seeing now is that my compressor plugin is not working (again) but I don't regard that as a big deal because I have a hardware compressor that I prefer to use anyway.

The "help desk" is not staffed with a dedicated team; AFAIK, it's still one guy, who has a LOT on his plate now that there actually IS a help desk.
Having spent more than 20 years in IT support, on the desk and in the field, I can assure you that guy is busier than a one-armed juggler.
(04-16-2021, 07:43 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: I had issues after the last update, which required me to kill JK client several times (I run Mac, I assume you do as well because AFAIK the update was Mac only).

I deleted my audio profile, rebooted, and re-created it. All the problems stopped after that.

The only downside I'm seeing now is that my compressor plugin is not working (again) but I don't regard that as a big deal because I have a hardware compressor that I prefer to use anyway.

The "help desk" is not staffed with a dedicated team; AFAIK, it's still one guy, who has a LOT on his plate now that there actually IS a help desk.
Having spent more than 20 years in IT support, on the desk and in the field, I can assure you that guy is busier than a one-armed juggler.
Thanks for the reply. I just tried something and may not have to delete the audio profile — fingers crossed. My interface has a physical switch for sample rate. It has 3 settings, only one of which is supposed to work with JK. I switched off the gear and changed it back and forth and then opened a session and left in on for over half an hour — no error messages or freezing. Thanks for the line about the juggler, it was hotter than a hooker’s door handle on nickel night.
And the error and freezing is back today. I deleted the audio profile and reinstalled. Also changed the USB cable. Starting to think it’s a problem with the Zoom L12. Fingers crossed.

So hopefully final post on this issue. I decided to reread the Zoom L12 manual. Page 1 “Electromagnetic inference with other equipment...may cause malfunction, corrupt or destroy data and result in other unexpected trouble.” I recently starting using a space heater beside me...Gee just about the time I brought the heater downstairs!