• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Is anybody using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2?
I don't see what's wrong but I can't hear audio from people in a session, even if I see I receive it and they can perfectly hear me.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
(04-05-2020, 09:38 PM)waltercrippa Wrote: Is anybody using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2?
I don't see what's wrong but I can't hear audio from people in a session, even if I see I receive it and they can perfectly hear me.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Hi, Walter! There's a list of audio interfaces here which have been confirmed to work, and the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (3rd generation) is one of those interfaces. It sounds like you've gotten it to work for you if you're in a session.

It sounds like you have others in your session, but are unable to hear them.

A few questions:
  1. Can you see the other people in the session in the "Other Live Tracks" area?
  2. Is there a message for you and/or them on the live track that says something like, "Not receiving audio from this live track"? If so, the problem is likely on their end - have them do some debugging until they get audio.
  3. Can those other people hear their audio and see their own levels in their headphones? If not have them turn up their input levels until they do, making sure if their audio interfaces have a "Direct Monitoring" function, that it's turned AWAY from Input (the other extreme may say "DAW", "Input" or similar).
  4. If you can see other people's live tracks, are there levels coming through when they talk or play through an input (red/green segments lighting up)? If so, try clicking on the volume control of their live track and boosting it to see if that helps.

Let us know which, if any, apply.  Thanks!
Kevin
(04-05-2020, 10:59 PM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 09:38 PM)waltercrippa Wrote: Is anybody using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2?
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Hi, Walter! There's a list of audio interfaces here which have been confirmed to work, and the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (3rd generation) is one of those interfaces. It sounds like you've gotten it to work for you if you're in a session.

It sounds like you have others in your session, but are unable to hear them.

A few questions:
  1. Can you see the other people in the session in the "Other Live Tracks" area?
  2. Is there a message for you and/or them on the live track that says something like, "Not receiving audio from this live track"? If so, the problem is likely on their end - have them do some debugging until they get audio.
  3. Can those other people hear their audio and see their own levels in their headphones? If not have them turn up their input levels until they do, making sure if their audio interfaces have a "Direct Monitoring" function, that it's turned AWAY from Input (the other extreme may say "DAW", "Input" or similar).
  4. If you can see other people's live tracks, are there levels coming through when they talk or play through an input (red/green segments lighting up)? If so, try clicking on the volume control of their live track and boosting it to see if that helps.

Let us know which, if any, apply.  Thanks!

Hi Kevin! Thank you for your answer.

My Scarlett 2i2 is 1st generation.

I confirm that I can perfectly hear my sound in my headphones (so does my friend in his headphones) but I can't hear other people in a session. I only tried with one friend and this is what happens:
1. Yes, I can see him in OTHER LIVE TRACKS. At the beginning he appeared GRAY but recently he is FULL COLOUR and active
2. There is a message NO AUDIO on his track but I can see (question 4) his levels moving when he speaks and nothing changes if I move his volume control
3. He is using a mixer as input interface. He knows that he has to keep the direct monitor off but I'll ckeck it

I hope he is available tomorrow for a test so I can check his DIRECT MONITOR option.

Otherwise I should find someone else to try with for the settings

Thanks
H, Walter! Were you able to check on your other session participant's Direct Monitoring turned off?
Kevin