• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac Error - Audio System Unstable - Unable to Shutdown Audio Output subsystem
HI,

I am just starting out with JamKazam - I downloaded the app to my Mac Mini, and when I launch it, I get an error "Unable to shutdown audio output IO subsystem.  The application will restart".  And then the app crashes.

I have tried disabling AV; there is no VPN involved, and I don't have the issue when I run the app on my MacBook.
I (sort of) solved the problem. It's a hack, but these steps allowed me to launch the app:

1) Open Activity Monitor
2) Locate the coreaudiod process
3) Launch the JamKazam app
4) Immediately after launching the app, while it is still loading, switch back to the Activity Monitor an drill the coreaudiod process
(03-24-2021, 02:50 AM)caryian Wrote: I (sort of) solved the problem.  It's a hack, but these steps allowed me to launch the app:

1) Open Activity Monitor
2) Locate the coreaudiod process
3) Launch the JamKazam app
4) Immediately after launching the app, while it is still loading, switch back to the Activity Monitor an drill the coreaudiod process
Hi caryian. What does "drill" mean in your suggestion above? I don't see a "drill" button in Activity Monitor. Thanks.
I am getting the same error on starting JamKazam.

I managed to get it to work once by unplugging my interface before opening JK and then once JK was running plugging the interface back in, but that is not working now either.
Same thing here. "Unable to shutdown audio output IO subsystem. The application will restart"
No idea what to do, first time trying to use this App, very frustrating
@JJGuy - what is your interface, and your OS version? Are you on a Gold service plan (provides 1 to 1 tech support)?

I'm using Catalina on an Intel CPU Mac Mini, & my interface is a MOTU 828es. I'm not having any problems with the latest JK client
(03-25-2021, 05:28 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: @JJGuy - what is your interface, and your OS version? Are you on a Gold service plan (provides 1 to 1 tech support)?

I'm using Catalina on an Intel CPU Mac Mini, & my interface is a MOTU 828es. I'm not having any problems with the latest JK client
I'm on a MacBook Pro 1.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, Big Sur 11.2.3. the Mac it's self is a 2020 model
My interface is a Steinberg UR 22 C
I sent an email to tech, but haven't heard back anything yet, but is there a different way, like a online chatting one on one
(03-25-2021, 05:37 PM)JJGuy Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 05:28 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: @JJGuy - what is your interface, and your OS version? Are you on a Gold service plan (provides 1 to 1 tech support)?

I'm on a MacBook Pro 1.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, Big Sur 11.2.3. the Mac it's self is a 2020 model
I sent an email to tech, but haven't heard back anything yet, but is there a different way, like a online chatting one on one
I don't know of any other method to engage tech support besides email.

Steinberg's website does not list Big Sur as a supported operating system for the UR 22c. I'll bet real money that's where your problem starts.

Big Sur is a major change in MacOS. I keep reading about musicians having problems with it because so many of the audio interaces don't have drivers for it. I have been holding off on installing big Sur until I know that everything I use on my Mac will work properly.

I suggest you consider running Catalina until the time a proper driver for the UR 22c is released.

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us...OS-Big-Sur
(03-25-2021, 05:55 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote:

Steinberg's website does not list Big Sur as a supported operating system for the UR 22c. I'll bet real money that's where your problem starts.

Big Sur is a major change in MacOS. I keep reading about musicians having problems with it because so many of the audio interaces don't have drivers for it. I have been holding off on installing big Sur until I know that everything I use on my Mac will work properly.

I suggest you consider running Catalina until the time a proper driver for the UR 22c is released.
I guess I'll wait for a email, My interface on Big Sur is working for Garageband and other applications of mine, but it wouldn't shock me if it was part of the problem. I have tried almost everything else. I hate to download Catalina another operating system.....
(03-25-2021, 06:04 PM)JJGuy Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 05:55 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote:

I guess I'll wait for a email, My interface on Big Sur is working for Garageband and other applications of mine, but it wouldn't shock me if it was part of the problem. I have tried almost everything else. I hate to download Catalina another operating system.....
GarageBand and Logic DO work correctly; they are from Apple, and were Big Sur compatible from the day of release. Some interfaces that can operate as "core audio compliant" will work just fine without a dedicated driver from the vendor, albeit with higher latency.

It might not be too difficult to run Catalina. If you have another drive you can install it on, you can boot to that drive and keep your Big Sur drive un-altered.