• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using computer mic & speaker
I'm new to JK, hoping to jam with a distant friend.  I've read instructions that indicate I should be able to operate using my computer's mic and speaker (although I'm using headphones), but when I try to create a private session, I get popups indicating either a mismatch between input and output sample rates or simply "unable to open output device".  In this condition, I'm unable to create a session.  Any suggestions out there?  Do I need an audio interface to get past this?  Thanks in advance for any help!
yes, you do need an external interface. The default built-in audio is "monitor only".
(03-16-2021, 10:55 PM)cgossett72 Wrote: I'm new to JK, hoping to jam with a distant friend.  I've read instructions that indicate I should be able to operate using my computer's mic and speaker (although I'm using headphones), but when I try to create a private session, I get popups indicating either a mismatch between input and output sample rates or simply "unable to open output device".  In this condition, I'm unable to create a session.  Any suggestions out there?  Do I need an audio interface to get past this?  Thanks in advance for any help!
Windows PC or MAC system?  How far away is your distant friend?  Are you running a DAW on your computer?  Yes, you can run JK with a built in mic and headphones (wired headphones), but delays in voice & music (ie: latency) makes jamming together difficult without specialized low latency equipment, provided by way of an audio interface with the proper driver.  JK's sample rate is 48000 - your computer must match that; may be the reason for the sample rate mismatch error message.