• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vancouver BC and area Jamkazam musicians?
Hello,
To get better latency, I'm looking for musicians around Vancouver, BC, Canada. I've noticed that since Jamkazam is using a subscription model, that the latency issues of last year have improved a lot. So, I would think within 200 miles might work, so Seattle to Whistler to Victoria to Hope? This is all personal prefernce of course, so if you're in East Van that'd be best, and play bass, keys or vocals. I play drums well, electric guitar ok, and prefer indie, alternative, college rock. No metal or jazz.
Let me know, user name hollywoodcrash on Jamkazam.
thanks,
(02-27-2021, 08:37 PM)hollywoodcrash Wrote: Hello,
To get better latency, I'm looking for musicians around Vancouver, BC, Canada. I've noticed that since Jamkazam is using a subscription model, that the latency issues of last year have improved a lot. So, I would think within 200 miles might work, so Seattle to Whistler to Victoria to Hope? This is all personal prefernce of course, so if you're in East Van that'd be best, and play bass, keys or vocals. I play drums well, electric guitar ok, and prefer indie, alternative, college rock. No metal or jazz.
thanks,

>>>
Hi, I've not seen many successful get togethers being planned through this forum.
The JamKazam users facebook page seems to be a better place to try to get something like that going.
thanks,
I'm not seeing any improvement in latencies since the subscription model was implemented. Lower latency would require all session participants be optimally connected via ARS and that's not very likely due to the limited amount and placement of these 100 or so ARS servers at last count. And, at least at the Silver subscription level, ARS has been disabled in the latest client builds. Perhaps you could shed some specific details about your comment?
(02-28-2021, 01:14 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
thanks,

>>>
Hi, I've not seen many successful get togethers being planned through this forum.
The JamKazam users facebook page seems to be a better place to try to get something like that going.

thanks,
Thanks Dimitri, I hate FB and won't use it or name it. Good to know though.
>>>
(02-28-2021, 07:47 PM)hollywoodcrash Wrote:
thanks,

>>>

thanks,
Thanks Dimitri, I hate FB and won't use it or name it. Good to know though.
>>>

>>>
Fair enough.
I've 'met' a lot of people - also locals - by just joining open sessions and have a play and a chat.
Good luck, enjoy!

D./