• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Session title displays as "Dead Session" "Broken Session"
Unless I have not been that observant and this has been going on - please let me know. Otherwise I notice today multiple sessions by different users display as "Dead Session". This is unrelated to any Band by name and I decided join these sessions to discover the only person in session is greyed-out. I received a JK notification indicating they have audio issues. It's not surprising for someone to have audio problems but is this some new way of JK giving a heads up before jumping into a problematic session and saving you the trouble of finding out the hard way? Not that I'm convinced the app is that thought on in this respect due to the focus on other priorities, but it is an interesting trend and possible 'feature'?. I'm not convinced this is part of any scheme of users deciding to mess around because the profiles are significantly different to suggest it. Am i overthinking this?

Just thought i mention it Smile

Screenshot attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I *ass*umed "Dead Session" was a title, not a state
(02-15-2021, 05:38 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: I *ass*umed "Dead Session" was a title, not a state

If i understand what you mean, let me clarify. As originally stated, "this is unrelated to any Band by name". I would know this since i specialize in covering the Dead's music. Technically you are correct however, "Dead Session" appeared as a title which Is is why it caught my attention. Checking some of three profiles; Classical Violinist, Jazz artist, Metal player - the players just didn't fit the title. Let's see what happens going forward.

Back to your comment assuming that it's not a state. I'm wondering if it is a state but getting added to the Title for problematic session. Again, I could be overthinking all of this.

Interesting, i decided to check again today 2/15, and there appears to be more... but some are the same too.

attached image

Someone is quoting "Killer Queen" and "Bohemian Rhapsody" in their Dead Session Description

"Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam..."

- Monty Python
>>>
I've noticed (and was told) that 'left over ghost sessions' are revisited by their initiator and marked/renamed as 'Dead Session' (Do not join!) to let others know not to waste their time checking in. I honestly believe that's all there's to it.

D./

NB - when the 'handshake server' is reset or the session list flushed (server side), they should disappear.

NB2 - I do appreciate that more & more jammers are using an/their actual name instead of something obscure. Now if only this forum would follow ... .
(02-16-2021, 11:34 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: >>>
I've noticed (and was told) that 'left over ghost sessions' are revisited by their initiator and marked/renamed as 'Dead Session' (Do not join!) to let others know not to waste their time checking in. I honestly believe that's all there's to it.

D./

NB - when the 'handshake server' is reset or the session list flushed (server side), they should disappear.

NB2 - I do appreciate that more & more jammers are using an/their actual name instead of something obscure. Now if only this forum would follow ... .

Thanks Dimitri. I guess that is the reality check i was looking for. A creative behavior - working as designed
Cool. This is getting exciting. Now, instead of "Dead Session", they are showing as "Broken Session"..

Those lyrics are very boring and repetitive.

The previous image was better.

I suggest the next round read something like "Moldering Putrid Rotten Session" or "Chronosynclastic Infundibulum Session" or "The Session From Which There Is No Escape Session"

thus quoth the Raven "Eromreven!"