• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
StarLink with JamKazam
Although they may go hand in hand, average latency value seems to me to be less crucial to good JamKazam performance than low Jitter (the changeability of latency value). given that JamKazam needs to sample frequently and take a view of what it's correcting for until the next sample, high Jitter means it's being wrong-footed in terms of applying its magic - which gives all points the impression that a number of intrinsically non-synchronised inputs are actually in synch. I don't know what the limits of pull-in are, for instance could JamKazam pull in sources with 30ms latency providing Jitter was very low? Maybe this scenario never occurs though. But 20ms with smooth (low) Jitter will result in far better synchronisation appearing at all points than 20ms with jagged (high) Jitter. And high Jitter occurs when a radio link is involved. Also to a lesser extent using broadband-over-the mains between rooms in a house.

It may be worth mentioning that if you're prepared to pay extra, near-zero-latency for zero-lag audio isn't a problem. $fting up an order of magnitude, the Dante system for music collaboration worldwide is an established standard. Also my wireless broadband provider can offer [near] zero latency for ten times the subscription amount. Of course, although another unlikely scenario. this would need to be accompanied by low Jitter to effectively support JamKazam.

Messages In This Thread
StarLink with JamKazam - by lucasvilla - 02-11-2021, 02:41 PM
RE: StarLink with JamKazam - by Zlartibartfast - 02-11-2021, 03:50 PM
RE: StarLink with JamKazam - by StuartR - 02-19-2021, 01:59 PM
RE: StarLink with JamKazam - by Dimitri Muskens - 02-23-2021, 08:46 AM
RE: StarLink with JamKazam - by mheeley.gm@gmail.com - 02-23-2021, 09:47 AM
RE: StarLink with JamKazam - by StuartR - 02-23-2021, 02:14 PM
RE: StarLink with JamKazam - by Zlartibartfast - 02-23-2021, 05:38 PM