• 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of Audio Interfaces
(04-06-2020, 02:15 PM)smehalko@gmail.com Wrote: I'm working with an Alesis Multimix 16, Firewired to a fairly new Mac, hardwired to my modem (50-70mbps download)......Getting notices that my gear has a significant amount of latency (10.3ms). As a newbie here, can anyone tell me if my connection is the issue or if it's the mixer? If it's the mixer, would it be possible as a workaround to just buy a cheap(er) "approved" interface (like Beringer 302USB) and send the mixed-down drums through that to the Mac? Or would I still have the same latency issues? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Scott M

Hi, Scott! Just to confirm, your interface sounds like this one - LMK if incorrect, and I can add it to the list.

With the information above, I'm not able to definitely determine the cause of the latency you're experiencing. According to this post from JamKazam, "Broadband Internet service with 1Mbps uplink bandwidth for real-time online sessions" is a minimum system requirement. Are you able to determine your uplink bandwidth? It's likely higher than that, but just want to check. I just testing mine, and it's about 30.7 Mbps.

There are several factors to latency, so not sure if the new interface would have the same issues or not. Some of the folks with interfaces on the "works" list have reported smaller latencies than 10.3 ms. Just curious...have you tried a session yet?

(Also, I'll add the Alesis Multimix 16 (firewire) to the list in the post above in the "confirmed working, but not working well" section. Let me know if that changes for you.)
Kevin
What about Zoom H2 digital recorder? Thank you in advance.
(04-06-2020, 10:34 PM)seltaeb65 Wrote: What about Zoom H2 digital recorder? Thank you in advance.

Hi, seltaeb65! The H6 has been found to work, the Zoom H2 Handy Recorder has not yet been mentioned yet in the forums, so it's not yet on the list above.  I'll add it. Are you using one now? Let us know if you have any luck getting it to work. Thanks!
Kevin
Thank you for your prompt reply. I am currently using it but I've been having some problems with it via error messages.  perhaps you can help? JamKazam does recognise it as an audio interface. I am using an ethernet connection on my PC. I'm running Windows 10 Home edition. The error messages I continue to get are:

1) 4800 different than selected sample rate (32000): how do I change this?

2) No compatiable found on audio device (this doesn't make sense, as I never got this message prior when I was trying to get it going).

3) Jamkazam network connection test is reporting that your network config ay not allow you to participate in sessions remotely with others. This network configuration is UDP blocked.  Network: Unknown

a) And it also states with this: Communication with the Jamkazam network has time out.

4) Input/output device isn't functioning, but when I have done the tests, via setting; it is working

I've been trying for the last number of days to try to fix these problems. My band mate to whom wants to rehearse with me on here states that perhaps if I use an USB external audio card might do the trick. Thoughts?

Thank you!

Frank
(04-06-2020, 11:32 PM)seltaeb65 Wrote: Thank you for your prompt reply. I am currently using it but I've been having some problems with it via error messages.  perhaps you can help? JamKazam does recognise it as an audio interface. I am using an ethernet connection on my PC. I'm running Windows 10 Home edition. The error messages I continue to get are:

1) 4800 different than selected sample rate (32000): how do I change this?

2) No compatiable found on audio device (this doesn't make sense, as I never got this message prior when I was trying to get it going).

3) Jamkazam network connection test is reporting that your network config ay not allow you to participate in sessions remotely with others. This network configuration is UDP blocked.  Network: Unknown

a) And it also states with this: Communication with the Jamkazam network has time out.

4) Input/output device isn't functioning, but when I have done the tests, via setting; it is working

I've been trying for the last number of days to try to fix these problems. My band mate to whom wants to rehearse with me on here states that perhaps if I use an USB external audio card might do the trick. Thoughts?

Thank you!

Frank

Happy to help, Frank!

By the numbers:

1. Check this post on how to change the sample rate on Windows.
  2. No compatible what found on audio device? Inputs or outputs?
  3. Depending on your service provider and modem/router, you may need to configure port forwarding for UDP - check your modem/router's user guide for how to do this. 3a may be caused by 3.
  4. Not exactly sure here, but perhaps #3 is also causing this.
All of the audio interfaces on the list in the first category have been confirmed to work with JamKazam.

Hope this helps, and good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Kevin
I've got a Steinberg CI1, and I can barely get the hardware latency below 20ms. I won't recommend it.
Thank you, Kevin. I'll try the solutions you recommend and get back to you on this thread by tomorrow.

Frank
Anyone have luck with the M-Audio AIR 192/4 interface? My friend is using it on his Windows 10 machine. He can send audio, though his vocal is hard left and guitar hard right, but audio back to him is badly distorted.
I can confirm that a Behringer X18 also works well with Windows 10 (Asio driver)

Look at the URL for the settings: https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Reco...d-p/240275
(04-07-2020, 07:57 PM)Robert13 Wrote: I can confirm that a Behringer X18 also works well with Windows 10 (Asio driver)

Look at the URL for the settings: https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Reco...d-p/240275

Thanks, Robert! I've updated the post to reflect this.
Kevin