• 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of Audio Interfaces
(04-05-2020, 10:08 AM)bezel Wrote: Focusrite 2i2 3rd working on Mac
Some troubles wit Windows. But maybe a general Problem with the Client and Internetconnection (unitymedia).

Focusrite 2i4 1st working on Mac. Also on Windows 10.

Uphoria UMC 204 wil be tested on Mac and Windows 10.
Focusrite 2i2 2nd gen .... working on windows 10 (Dell Latitude i7) with ASIO drivers JK 1.0.3843.  Cant seem to improve on 7.5ms latency (all green) -  1ms frame size, 96,000 sample rate 192 buffer size.

JK works well for audio and video
Posting so I am able to see updates to this thread any time in the future. This thread IMHO should be ****REQUIRED READING*** for anyone using JamKazam. Awesome research
Dear J-K users,
Having problems with ZOOM H4 - USB driver 'device not recognised' on WIN7
- loaded the 'H4' driver from the Zoom site
- it installs OK on 64bit WIN7 laptop
- however, when connecting the H4 I get 'USB device unrecognised' message
- I tried different USB ports on the laptop, as well as re-install the driver, restart laptop, etc.
- I also tried installing the driver in WIN7 compatibility mode with the same error
Does this happen to anyone else?
Is there a tried way to connect the H4 to J-K...?
My thanks in advance.
Lex
(07-19-2020, 12:41 AM)Lex Music Wrote: I am answering my own question here re. Zoom H4 setup...
If you're using this 'old' device here is what I have learned and have now tested with J-K:
  • to get H4 connected via its ASIO and USB interface it needs to have an upgraded firmware '2.4'
  • load the firmware from Zoom site, unzip and transfer it to the root directory of the SD card
  • power up H4 (using AC power adapter) while pressing and holding the round 'MENU' button down
  • load 'H4' ASIO driver from the Zoom site (in my case for WIN7, 64bit O/S)
  • install the driver

• next, connect H4 using:  MENU - USB - AUDIO I/O - CONNECT 
  • Windows will identify, install and hopefully give you a 'Device Installed Successfully' message

• finally, setup J-K with H4 ASIO driver (again in my case I reset Audio Properties first to start 'clean'
  • it's working seeming better better and with lower latency now
Hope it helps and see you on my next Gypsy Jazz session!
Cheers, lex

Dear J-K users,
Having problems with ZOOM H4 - USB driver 'device not recognised' on WIN7
- loaded the 'H4' driver from the Zoom site
- it installs OK on 64bit WIN7 laptop
- however, when connecting the H4 I get 'USB device unrecognised'  message
- I tried different USB ports on the laptop, as well as re-install the driver, restart laptop, etc.
- I also tried installing the driver in WIN7 compatibility mode with the same error
Does this happen to anyone else?
Is there a tried way to connect the H4 to J-K...?
My thanks in advance.
Lex
The Steinberg UR22mkii works on my iMac (2019) under OS Catalina and on its Windows 10 partition with Jamkazam 2.0 experimental frame rate as follows:
iMac, core audio 9.4 ms Windows ASIO 6.6 ms

Both setups work fine in actual ensemble sessions.

Cyril Penn
In the spreadsheet I couldn't see any details about the Focusrite 2i2 working with MacOS. I'm sure lots of people are using this successfully but, for completeness, here is my experience:

I have now done a few Jamkazam sessions using a Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen with MacOS Catalina on a MacBook Air (2020). I have been using a frame size of 1ms and sample rate of 48k. It uses the Mac Core Audio driver but I have installed the Focusrite Low Latency Installer which tweaks some of the driver internals. This has been a stable setup for several sessions of a couple of hours each and gives an interface latency of 4.6ms.
Hi Kevin,

that is a great list and valuable resource to all Jamkazammers, thank You!

I was running on a Scarlett 2i2 1st gen until lately, some update (I suppose Win, Focusrite but unlikely JKZ) made it have tooHAH much latency.

So I went searching, and as I could do with a replacement for my old console, I checked the small analogue Mixers.
My advice:
- go for a latest version of any device. A friend had a A&H ZED 10 or so channel, but the design is >6yrs old.
- always check the driver description on the download page. Some vendors specify the min. latency (i.e. min. number of frames buffered)

The small YAMAHAs (Y MG10XU et al.) were out of the game as I tested them with poor sound/channel strips.
It was finally a MACKIE that got it all right. M. specifies a minimum of 8 frames for buffering. So if your Laptop is not too historic, that results in great latency numbers.
To clear up a myth, I always recommend to go for latest version of hardware, e.g. USB 3.0 i.s.o. 2.0. That one is not governing latency, I found! It is, in fact, the USB controller plus the design of the driver that obviously make a difference.

The MACKIE ProFX--v3 Series "only" has a USB 2.0, but they must have integrated a very fast controller, plus the driver is excellent.

I am surprised about the data, I own the ProFX12v3:
- Roundtrip latency is 3.2ms
- JKz buffer can be set as low as 1ms (in manage>audio>audio booster)
- it samples 24Bit @192kHz
- USB 2.0
- the console has 4 in, 2 out, so I can use any channel (Youtube, MP3...) from my laptop as playback

My PC:
- Win 8.1
- Core i5, 4th generation (i5-4200, 2.97GHz) so pretty dated
- 8GB RAM
- USB 2.0 or 3.0

I'd be grateful if you could update your list!

Best regards,
MrFourstrings
Hi, I have 2 older audio interfaces to report on: Edirol UA700 and Echo Audio Audiofire 2

Edirol UA-700 (discontinued Roland product; a "Swiss Army Knife" of early USB audio interfaces), works fine with a Mac: with current JamKazam build, Mac OS 10.12 on a 2008 Macbook Pro, Core Driver, latency ~8ms (in JamK, go to Manage/Audio/Audio Booster and take frame size down to 2 ms). This interface does not work anymore with Windows systems (drivers not updated by Roland).

Echo Audio, Audiofire 2, older firewire interface, works fine with JamKazam current build, on Mac or Windows 10, though lowest latency is about 11ms. Echo Audio, a great company, continued to update their Audio Console software, too, which gives you control of this device.

- Lou in So Cal
Zoom R8 = Compatible

Just a shoutout.   

Zoom R8 works on Mac (High Sierra)
with 10.4Ms latency @ 2.5ms frame size..
I've set it up with 2ms frames so iatency<10 and it works well.
Channel 1 = Instrument
Channel 2 = Mic
I've been using a MOTU UltraLite-MK3 Hybrid USB/FireWire Audio Interface since March and with the help and advice of other JK users, I've tweeked it down to 6.8ms of interface latency and less than 10ms overall. I'm using two mic channels and one stereo input with no effects in the JK chain. Friends and I have been recording original music on JK since June and it has been incredibly productive. I'm on an older Mac Pro desktop machine running OS 10.11 (El Capitan). I've also used the MOTU on my Dell Latitude E6440 running Win10 with slightly better results. However, the Mac is my "music computer" and it is in the office where all of my music instruments live. ;-)