• 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of Audio Interfaces
Hi.

I am using a Novation Audiohub 2x4 on a Windows 7 machine, using ASIO drivers provided by Novation.

I'm getting a latency of 8.0ms with a frame size of 1.0ms. Sound is fairly stable with just the occasional crackle. Jitter mostly green and yellow - occasionally dropping into red but not much.

Chris.
Behringer QX1202 USB.    It works. Input delay 10ms, input-output delay 20ms. Win 7 64 bit, HP Pavilion DV6
JamBlaster.
Jamkazam team have sorted this one
Now back to being a good interface
Done the quick solo test - easy pass
Will try in session very soon.
There is similar comparison of audio interfaces with a great detail here: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-co...-base.html

And this is also a great article: http://www.michalkaszczyszyn.com/en/tuto...tency.html

I think this topic is pretty popular, interesting and important. Dear moders, should we pin it?
I am new to JamKazam and am trying to reduce my latency.  One of the things I am trying is using an audio interface.  I can't recall what I read or where but I somehow came to the conclusion that introducing an audio interface would help decrease latency.  So I got one and tried it and my latency on JamKazam is much worse.  So now I am wondering if I misinterpreted what I read.  My question: is introducing an audio interface ever done specifically to reduce latency?  Sharon
Hi,
after I sent back my Scarlett 2i2 I bought a Behringer UMC202 HD and ever since I don't have any Problems.

Behringer UMC202 HD:
latency 4,2ms at 48000 Hz, Buffer size 8 Samples
Hi - It's not one of of the listed interfaces, but has anyone had experience trying the MOTU 828 MK2 interface? Asking for a potential collaborator. By the way, following Peter Walker's recommendation, I bought a Behringer UMC204HD interface and can confirm that it does work well with JamKazam. The system latency using the Behringer with a Shure SM-58 mic was 2.3 ms.
Tascam US122 - using tascam ASIO 24 bit driver - latency 29 ms, frame size 20.   Sort of works - this thing is USB 1.0 (and ooolllddddd).  Can't wait for my AG06 to come in ... 

Magoo ...  Cool
I am brand new to JKZ.  I have been using a Zoom UAC 8 interface since late 2016, which I obtained for home recording and to be able to do multiple discretely recordable tracks at one time.  My issue is latency, and the UAC8 does not appear on any of the three lists of what works well, not  so  well, or not at all.  The UAC 8 does not have a monitoring switch or potentiometer, but I can, without discernible latency use it to record programmed drum sounds from software (Hydrogen freeware), by "looping" that program's output into the Zoom's input.  I have tried the JKZ set up both with and without looping, but can't seem to get the latency lower than just under 25 ms, which is unacceptable for JKZ.  I'm also a little confused about varying and correctly matching the UAC 8 sample rate (I don't see how to control from the interface program on my computer, but it is alterable, within JKZ.   Any guesses about whether there is some way to get the Zoom UAC latency low enough to work with JKZ  for ensemble sessions, or am I more likely to need a lower latency interface?
(06-22-2020, 07:07 PM)jdecrist@dejazzd.com Wrote: I am brand new to JKZ.  I have been using a Zoom UAC 8 interface since late 2016, which I obtained for home recording and to be able to do multiple discretely recordable tracks at one time.  My issue is latency, and the UAC8 does not appear on any of the three lists of what works well, not  so  well, or not at all.  The UAC 8 does not have a monitoring switch or potentiometer, but I can, without discernible latency use it to record programmed drum sounds from software (Hydrogen freeware), by "looping" that program's output into the Zoom's input.  I have tried the JKZ set up both with and without looping, but can't seem to get the latency lower than just under 25 ms, which is unacceptable for JKZ.  I'm also a little confused about varying and correctly matching the UAC 8 sample rate (I don't see how to control from the interface program on my computer, but it is alterable, within JKZ.   Any guesses about whether there is some way to get the Zoom UAC latency low enough to work with JKZ  for ensemble sessions, or am I more likely to need a lower latency interface?

you should get really low latency if you use 96KHz sample rate, 16 samples, and go through USB 3.0. There is free software to configure these externally, I think, called MixEfx, or you can do it in the JamKazam ASIO config window. The rest is mostly your internet speed, especially upload time.