• 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of Audio Interfaces
I have both models of the Yamaha mixer with USB audio interface.
Both work very well with Jamkazam.

Yamaha AG03
Yamaha AG06

Windows 10
JamKazam 1.0.3.3729
Using Yamaha Steinberg ASIO Drivers
Sample Rate: 48 kHz
Buffer Size: 128 Samples
Frame Size: 2.5 ms

Input Latency: 6 ms
Output Latency: 7 ms

Also used a Samson G-Track Pro microphone with built in audio interface
Worked fine.

Windows 10
JamKazam 1.0.3.3729
Using ASIO4All Driver
Sample Rate: 48 kHz
Buffer Size: 128 Samples
Frame Size: 2.5 ms

Latency: Around 18 ms if I remember correctly.
Thanks, ula ula, for the detailed information on those 3 interfaces! I've added them to the list/sheet.

All, this also meant, sue to space limitations, I also had to abridge the items in the "Confirmed Working" list to fit the space limitations of one post. The rest is current here in the Google Sheet.
Kevin
I don't see the Behringer U-phoria UMC22 in the list. My friend is trying to use it with a brand new
MacBook Pro 64 bit. It's looking like the ASIO4all driver isn't compatible or is only 32 bit??

https://amz.run/3FU3
Using Line 6 Helix or Roland Session Mixer as audio interface
(04-05-2020, 03:27 AM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote: ...

I have Zoom Livetrak L-20 and can confirm it works well with JK under Windows 10 and under MacOSX 10.13, after installing the appropriate (Windows or Mac) driver downloaded from Zoom website.
(05-28-2020, 04:02 PM)carvinae185@gmail.com Wrote: I don't see the Behringer  U-phoria UMC22 in the list.  My friend is trying to use it with a brand new
MacBook Pro 64 bit.  It's looking like the ASIO4all driver isn't compatible or is only 32 bit??

https://amz.run/3FU3
ASIO is not supported on Mac. The Core Audio driver is the only thing to use with a new Mac. Good news is, it's great.
(05-28-2020, 08:57 PM)MikeTranch Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 03:27 AM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote: ...

I have Zoom Livetrak L-20 and can confirm it works well with JK under Windows 10 and under MacOSX 10.13, after installing the appropriate (Windows or Mac) driver downloaded from Zoom website.

Thanks, MikeTranch! I've added this interface to the list in the Google Sheet in the "Confirmed Working" category.
Kevin
The Behringer U-phoria UM2 is mentioned, but with no details. I am using it with a MacBook Air running Catalina 10.15.4 and connected via a Thunderbolt/USB dongle. The driver is plain vanilla Apple Core Audio. I can confirm that it works reliably with a 2ms buffer size and a sample rate of 48kHz, but the interface latency is 11.2ms.

My overall verdict would be that, if you've got a UM2, it is usable. If you are buying an interface for JamKazam use, I would only consider the UM2 if cost was the primary consideration (they are very good value for money). For a bit more money, it should be possible to get an interface with lower latency.

Regards

Steve
Thanks for the info, Steve!

I've updated the UM2 to include this information in the list/Google Sheet.
Kevin
I'd like to report that the Presonus Quantum 2 22x24 is working just fine with Jamkazam in OSX and with super low latency.

Manufacturer: Presonus
Model: Quantum 2 22x24
Generation:
Is External?: Yes
Connection Type: Thunderbolt 2
Is Discontinued: Yes
MacOS Supported: Yes
MacOS Version: 10.13.6 (High Sierra)
Windows Supported:
Windows Version:
Driver Version: Core Audio
Jamkazam Client Version: Build 1.2.0 - "1.0.3685"
Interface Latency: 2.5ms
Notes: 1ms frame size

-Aaron
At the moment I'm using the Roland HS-5 Session Mixer as my audio interface. I'll document the JamKazam latency and other stats but the big breakthrough was choosing the HS-5 ASIO driver rather than any windows WDM drivers. I don't know much about audio drivers so for a while I was getting poor performance, many windows audio error popup warnings and an unusable Jamkazm session with my friend.
Once I chose the HS-5 ASIO driver latency dropped to 9 ms ( Green ! ) and the IO rate went up from 100 to 400. The "buffer rate " showed as 2.5 in our session. We did a couple of songs together and it seemed good enough --- it wasn't like his voice would trail mine like an echo.

I'd like to find some articles describing the general world of audio on Windows so I understand what I did, why WDM didn't work and how changing parameters further might make it even better.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/...sion-mixer
Using Line 6 Helix or Roland Session Mixer as audio interface